New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    since we now have NCAP we gotta make sure the buyers of our cars do actually transfer ownership at LTO

what's a good way to make sure that they comply? suppose you're selling to a complete stranger

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    since we now have NCAP we gotta make sure the buyers of our cars do actually transfer ownership at LTO

what's a good way to make sure that they comply? suppose you're selling to a complete stranger
    short of ikaw mismo maglakad at mag shoulder ng transfer make sure may complete at duly notarized deed of sale ka. pati na din copy ng valid ID ni buyer. i think that should be enough.

however i think naka hold ng SC ang NCAP presently.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

have the exchange of money transaction take place in the macro-etching facility grounds?

but seriously,
    i have no idea how it can be perfected.
    someone suggested to add a qulatilla, that "buyer should transfer car ownership to his name, else the said car be re-possessed by seller".
    but i do not think said owner will go out of his way to get a lawyer and a re-possessing tow truck...
    i think this is a job for the government.
    make them enact the law, under pain of heavy penalty.
    also, make the process less tedious.

btw,
    when i had my car renewed registration yesterday, i found out in the LTO portal that a car i sold ten years ago, still hadn't been transfered ownership to the buyer...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    yung last car na binigay sa akin ng dad ko (early 2000's) was from a celebrity (artista)

requirement nya is on the same day of the sale, pupunta kami ng staff nya sa Pasig (macro etching) and LTO to transfer the vehicle under my name na.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    short of ikaw mismo maglakad at mag shoulder ng transfer make sure may complete at duly notarized deed of sale ka. pati na din copy ng valid ID ni buyer. i think that should be enough.

however i think naka hold ng SC ang NCAP presently.
    also,
    make bayan sellers the legal owners of the cars they are selling.
    make their names appear in the deeds of sale.
    hindi lang sila middle men, dapat.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    LTO should change how Plate Number is tied to the vehicle. Similar to Europe (am I right) where the plate number is tied to the person and not the car itself (per se). If you buy a car, you will now register the car as yours with your registered plate number 1 (so to speak). If you buy a new car to replace old car, plate number 1 is de-registered first from old car and registered to new car. The buyer of your old car won't have any (valid) plate number yet on his purchase unless he registers his plate number to your old car.

Wouldn't that make sense? Especially if you buy custom plate numbers for your vehicles, you are not throwing money paid for custom plate numbers every time to you and buy new one to register a new custom plate number.

As it stands with the current LTO system, your defense to contest is to make sure you have the notarized deed of sale with the information of the buyer to counter claim against the registration of offense against you. So when you do ask for valid documents, it should be more than 1 Valid ID. One of the IDs should be a Driver's License with registered (valid Address), and once the ball is rolling more smoothly, the National ID of the person indicating the same address maybe on the least.

Maybe an affidavit of guarantee that buyer will register the vehicle under his ownership name in 30 or 60 days that you can hold (dated and notarized)

A separate affidavit issued by the buyer that all the information provided to the seller is true and legal else be cited for per fraud and falsification. <-- this is just an additional thought.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    only give 1 key to the buyer.. tell him/her you will give the 2nd key after the transfer..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    LTO should change how Plate Number is tied to the vehicle. Similar to Europe (am I right) where the plate number is tied to the person and not the car itself (per se). If you buy a car, you will now register the car as yours with your registered plate number 1 (so to speak). If you buy a new car to replace old car, plate number 1 is de-registered first from old car and registered to new car. The buyer of your old car won't have any (valid) plate number yet on his purchase unless he registers his plate number to your old car.
    that is correct.
    kung puede lang...
    and with today's computerized systems, it should be an easy job to keep track of them cars.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    only give 1 key to the buyer.. tell him/her you will give the 2nd key after the transfer..
    with all due respect,
    kay dali at kay murang magpa-xerox nang susi.
    many of today's computerized locking systems, turn off when the key with appropriate teeth, is inserted and turned.
    but yes. there are more sophisticated systems...

feeling ko,
    government should make transfer of ownership an easy process, and not a thing to be feared and put off 'til kingdomcome.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 30th, 2022 at 11:20 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    sa totoo lang. best and cheapest solution (for LTO) is to make disputes easier.

if you receive a letter, just upload the deed of sale with a copy of the buyer's ID.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast