New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi,

I'm not very familiar with number coding scheme of MMDA and Makati City. All I know is plate number ending in 1 and 2 are prohibited to travel on Mondays, etc. May I know what are the traffic rules especially in Makati? I just heard that Makati has coding scheme based on Conduction Sticker. And what does it mean by Window Hours? Please enlighten me with these stuffs.

Thanks,

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Not sure about that conduction sticker. But there are no window hours in Makati unlike in Quezon City where you're free to roam around the streets from 10AM-3PM on your coding day. Window hours are hours allocated so that you can legally drive your car on your coding days.

For example, my daily drive ends with 1 so my coding days is on Monday. I normally depart extra-early around 5am so that I'm at school by 7am (where the official coding starts). However, if I roam around Makati at 6am, coding parin ako since there's no window hours kung bawal, bawal.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    However, if I roam around Makati at 6am, coding parin ako since there's no window hours kung bawal, bawal.
    you may go to Makati anytime before 7am and any time after 7pm.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I see, my bad Roaming Makati at 10AM then

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeboy25 View Post
    Hi,

I'm not very familiar with number coding scheme of MMDA and Makati City. All I know is plate number ending in 1 and 2 are prohibited to travel on Mondays, etc. May I know what are the traffic rules especially in Makati? I just heard that Makati has coding scheme based on Conduction Sticker. And what does it mean by Window Hours? Please enlighten me with these stuffs.

Thanks,
    Hi Jeboy,

No Window hours sa makati, meaning di ka pwede gumala sa makati on or after 7am hanggang 7pm. Kaya if you are working in makati, during your coding day, you should be at the office before 7am and that you can only leave on or after 7pm.

Also, aside from the "no window hours" scheme, meron din silang scheme na kung wala pang plate ang new car (note that this applies only to new cars that do not have license plates yet), they will base your "coding day" by the last number on your conduction sticker. Marami na ang na-tyempuhan nito. Akala nila huli sila dahil sa "no plate, no travel policy" pero nung nakausap na nila TE, coding daw... Siguro tyempuhan lang din.

Pero i tried searching for it in the makati portal (http://www.makati.gov.ph/portal/index.jsp), la naman ako makita... Gawa-gawa lang kaya ng mapsa yun?!

Makati and MMDA Traffic Codes