New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    LTO starts implementing RFID system | TopGear PH

Just installed mine para iwas sita/huli

(photo from TopGear PH)

Just wondering, ito na ba kapalit nung yearly registration sticker?

And papalitan ba sya every time na mag-register tayo?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

(photo from TopGear PH)

Nakasulat naman doon sa article "good for 10 years"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

(photo from TopGear PH)

The article is already 9 years old. Hindi pa yata tapos ang IRR para dito. Hindi ko pa naikakabit yung sa akin dahil may tint at dash cam ako sa dapat paglagyan nung sticker. Kaya nakatago muna sa glove box yung akin.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Nakasulat naman doon sa article "good for 10 years"

yup... kaso naka-indicate sa sticker yung registration years (in my case, 2018-2021)

and mentioned din sa article na yung date mentioned is the "last registration date"

so yung sticker ko will be valid until 2028?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    Hindi pa yata tapos ang IRR para dito. Hindi ko pa naikakabit yung sa akin dahil may tint at dash cam ako sa dapat paglagyan nung sticker. Kaya nakatago muna sa glove box yung akin.
    In my case, inukitan ng sakto sa sticker yung tint ko...

Tapos binaba ko konti yung dash cam

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    The RFID fees/charges were the one told by SC to refund, but only for 2009 to 2010 period right?

As for the RFID third plate sticker, we received our plates from dealer middle of this year for my brother's vehicle and while trying to install it we found, no tamper proof bolts were turned over, and no RFID third plate sticker as part of the package given to us. Dealer initially claimed to follow then later said it was turned over.

Since wala na kami magagawa about it even if we cough up blood with the dealer, we went to the LTO in Araneta Avenue to file the Affidavit of Loss, indicating both the screws and the Third Plate Sticker as lost. LTO said they do not have any forms/processes in place for filing replacement RFID stickers, so we should just keep a copy of the Affidavit of Loss with the car. But, please note, they did not receive or stamp the Affidavit with any notation at all. So I'm guessing we could be screwed by this later on saying we didn't do the appropriate process but, like I said, LTO themselves said they have no process for it even now.

I doubt there is an expiration on the RFID sticker though, and besides, do the LTO offices even have a scanner/reader on hand even for the most basic renewal application? I've never seen it done or used with our other two vehicles with RFID so I don't think even they have the equipment to scan it.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    I seriously doubt if they have the scanners and other equipment needed to fully utilize these RFID registration stickers for long term. Yung ngang mga plates from 2017-2018 hanggang ngayon yung iba hindi pa nabibigay.

Just another money making scheme for the LTO like always.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    how about ung mga walang lic. plate like me. 2019 sticker lang binigay sakin nung nag renew ako last week.

ano possible violation if i won’t use/place the sticker sa windshield?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cary3t View Post
    how about ung mga walang lic. plate like me. 2019 sticker lang binigay sakin nung nag renew ako last week.

ano possible violation if i won’t use/place the sticker sa windshield?

Saw a similar video from James Deakin on how to install the sticker. One comment there said that even the LTO personnel himself said that it's okay even if you don't install it. Pag maayos na siguro ang implementaion nito tsaka ko na ilalagay yung akin. Iwas kalat na rin sa windshield. Just hoping na hindi ito ma-scrap gaya ng pinaparefund ngayon na RFID fees.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    Saw a similar video from James Deakin on how to install the sticker. One comment there said that even the LTO personnel himself said that it's okay even if you don't install it. Pag maayos na siguro ang implementaion nito tsaka ko na ilalagay yung akin. Iwas kalat na rin sa windshield. Just hoping na hindi ito ma-scrap gaya ng pinaparefund ngayon na RFID fees.
    thanks sir. parang nabasa ko din yan pero confuse lang kasi ako dahil sa rfid sticker and regular sticker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Lto rfid