New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I recently renewed my license and for the first time I was required to get checked for hearing test. The hearing test procedure tests your hearing. They ask you to put on a headset connected to a computer, then the operator activates a sound generator using the computer which you are supposed to hear in your headset. Next, they ask you if you hear anything.

They make you pay Ps 50 for this test. It's not in the LTO standard fees . They give you a separate receipt for this issue by LTO Accredited Physicians National Organization, Inc. In the O.R., it's called "Computer Fee". Is this company granted exclusive rights to do this test? Is this the same company in your OR (if you have renewed lately)?

I'm not against testing hearing, but I find paying Ps 50 obscene for getting somebody make you hear recorded sound. I'm not complaining of my Ps 50, but OUR cumulative Ps 50 as drivers. This sounds like another one of those kleptocracy - LTO granting exclusive rights to ONE company to do this very simple test which thousands of other firms can do. Anywhere a governing body grants exclusive rights is a monopoly.

LTO should allow multiple companies to be accredited to do this test like the CTPL insurance allowing the driver applicant options.

What's your take on this?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Is this the racket in place of the drug test? I wonder when this was implemented. I did not take a hearing test when I renewed my license in 2010.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Saang LTO nag-renew? This is new to me kasi wala naman ito a few months back.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ambilis naman makahanap ng bagong raket

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    Saang LTO nag-renew? This is new to me kasi wala naman ito a few months back.
    LTO megamall. Last March 6 ako nag pa-renew.