New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Napanood ko din po sa news ito. Heto po yung link sa article...

http://www.businessmirror.com.ph/hom...a-by-1000.html

OK din to kasi luluwag yung traffic sa EDSA tsaka mababawasan yung mga barumbadong bus drivers. Bawas kotong na din.

Pero syempre, on the other hand, madami din mawawalan ng trabaho.

*mods, paki merge na lang po kung may existing thread na.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It is about time the government moved to reduce the overpopulation of buses on EDSA.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    They should have done this years ago, many measures could be done like modernization of units, strict implementation on franchising rules and the like. Unfortunately, LTFRB always suck up to the whines and rants of bus operators, let's see what Asec. Suansing will do during his term.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Seems more like a stop-gap measure than a real solution. The immediate beneficiaries are the driving public. Kawawa mawawalan ng trabaho pero that's the price to pay for this move.

Kung titignan mo kaya super trapik na sa EDSA e ang mga siyudad na dinadaanan ng EDSA (Caloocan-QC-Mandaluyong-Makati-Pasay) e continue ang growth kahit hindi na kaya ng pampublikong daan (blame it to city planning).

Continous growth+static road network+growing no of vehicles == traffic + waste fuel + waste time + financial loses

isang component lang ang number of vehicles sa problemang ito.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I think may plan din to reduce number of jeepneys around Metro Manila.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Good Luck to LTFRB chairman Alberto Suansing. He'll need a lot of it to get this going. MMDA Chairman Fernando tried the same thing but GMA blocked his effort. Using the possible losses of jobs as an excuse...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMHO, the government does not need the transport sector's consent or approval of the move to reduce buses in EDSA. Remember, they were granted a franchise to provide services as a common carrier and such franchise may be revoked or amended at any time by the authority which granted it.

Sorry for the bleeding hearts out there, but I just don't subscribe to the excuse that "maraming mawawalan ng kabuhayan". Try telling that to passengers or people who've died or been maimed for life due to reckless and imprudent drivers and operators of PUBs.

Good. Now get a job somewhere else.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    *Altis6453:

*nods* No mercy for irresponsible morons on the road. Not when lives are at stake.

-

I was watching TV Patrol yesterday regarding this and saw that annoying bus operator spokesperson whine about lost jobs. I think what she really meant was lost income on their part.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Same old story sirs...remember time pa ni Elena Bautista yan...what happened to her??? She was transfered to MARINA to become USec

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think Elena Bautista was transferred because she started to hit back at the bus operators' abuses by revoking franchises (yep, even for those buses operated by ex-AFP/PNP generals). I remember they were doing "tigil-pasadas" quite frequently due to the hefty increase in fines for traffic violators.

Nag-sipag reklamo dahil sobrang taas daw ng mga multa. Eh kung di ba naman sila mga b0b0. Simply comply with all traffic rules and regs at walang problema. Hirap dito imbes na sumunod sa batas, gagawa nalang ng lusot.

Fines are meant to be really high so that the offender will think twice before repeating his offense or violating another traffic law for that matter.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
LTFRB to reduce buses in EDSA by 1,000