New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Need help!

My family restored one of our old vehicles from way back, a 1961 Mercury Comet. It had not been used for around 20 years ("latest" sticker on the plate is 1993) and was just kept in a garage. Fast forward to today, it has been repainted, reupholstered and put back in good running condition and we would like to register it again.

Problem now is that my grandfather lost the registration papers of the said vehicle. All we have now are the original plates that are still attached. We have gone to our local LTO office and they too don't know how to proceed with registering it again. They also could not find the records since its been decades since it was last registered.

Does anyone here know what to do with cases such as this? I have emailed LTO through their website (doubt I'll get an answer though). Any help/info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nach521 View Post
    Need help!

My family restored one of our old vehicles from way back, a 1961 Mercury Comet. It had not been used for around 20 years ("latest" sticker on the plate is 1993) and was just kept in a garage. Fast forward to today, it has been repainted, reupholstered and put back in good running condition and we would like to register it again.

Problem now is that my grandfather lost the registration papers of the said vehicle. All we have now are the original plates that are still attached. We have gone to our local LTO office and they too don't know how to proceed with registering it again. They also could not find the records since its been decades since it was last registered.

Does anyone here know what to do with cases such as this? I have emailed LTO through their website (doubt I'll get an answer though). Any help/info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
    the best way to do is to go to LTO Central in East Avenue and inquire from there the steps that you need to do.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nach521 View Post
    Need help!

Thanks!
    the best way to do is to go to LTO Central in East Avenue and inquire from there the steps that you need to do.