New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Passed by the Fort last night and it was so traffic. I've noticed the traffic lights there turn on for about 5 seconds, then stop na kaagad. I mean, at the most, only 3 rows of cars would get to cross the stoplight, sabay na-iipon ang nasa likod. I mean they are causing more traffic than anything else. and if you would see, after the stoplight, konti nga lang ang mga kotse. However, whats worse about this, crossing the stoplight, leads you to another stoplight, then another. . . .

It appears that they had made too much intersections at the Fort and all the stoplights are improperly timed.

Just ranting.
    Last edited by Mguy; February 15th, 2011 at 11:54 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Passed by the Fort last night and it was so traffic. I've noticed the traffic lights there turn on for about 5 seconds, then stop na kaagad. I mean, at the most, only 3 rows of cars would get to cross the stoplight, sabay na-iipon ang nasa likod. I mean they are causing more traffic than anything else. and if you would see, after the stoplight, konti nga lang ang mga kotse. However, whats worse about this, crossing the stoplight, leads you to another stoplight, then another. . . .

It appears that they had made too much intersections at the Fort and all the stoplights are improperly timed.

Just ranting.
    I think that they are emulating the 4-way stop.

This is the system in the US where everybody makes a full-stop at the intersection (without traffic light), and each will have his turn to cross the street (or make the turn), depending on when you arrive and the cars at the intersection....

12.2K:lawn:

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post

Just ranting.
    I used to take Bonifacio/Global City as a way to get to Makati and EDSA from the C5/Taguig areas where I live. Guess what? Not anymore! My five to ten minute drive across Global City has more than doubled since those traffic lights were installed and became online. Spent more time waiting for greens than moving.

I believe what they can do is to put in 'synchronized' stoplights, yung tipong go all the way if you drive within the speed limit (which is set to 50km/h). This is done in high-traffic volume areas, like Quirino Ave in Manila and some parts of Ayala in Makati.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    !d!ots playing with stop lights... even when it's on manual... specially the road going to mckinley going to edsa, kahit puno na the guard lets the light stay green for 5 mins. so yung patawid laging mahaba pila.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also avoid passing through the Fort, especially the interior portion with the new stoplights. Really dumbass stupid. I agree, it can take you 30 minutes to get from one side to another because of the unsynchronized stoplights.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by k00k View Post
    I used to take Bonifacio/Global City as a way to get to Makati and EDSA from the C5/Taguig areas where I live. Guess what? Not anymore! My five to ten minute drive across Global City has more than doubled since those traffic lights were installed and became online. Spent more time waiting for greens than moving.

I believe what they can do is to put in 'synchronized' stoplights, yung tipong go all the way if you drive within the speed limit (which is set to 50km/h). This is done in high-traffic volume areas, like Quirino Ave in Manila and some parts of Ayala in Makati.
    Yup, I agree.

A series of synchronized traffic lights in a (high volume) thoroughfare is the most efficient way to manage traffic, assuming that the road is not clogged by road-huggers, like tricycles, pushcarts et al....

Also, in case of clogged lanes due to accident for example,- everyone should always keep the intersection open....

12.4K:knit:

Logic of the 5-second stoplight