New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseman22 View Post
    Ty sa sagot mga sir. Alam ko it's best to wait pero is there a way para magka non pro na ako? I mean after ko mag student license without waiting for my 18th birthday? Ty sa answer mga sir
    that would be illegal, sir.
    and if you do manage to doctor your way thru, years later you will post here again, this time asking how you may right a wrong in your age as stated in your driver's license..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    and if you do manage to doctor your way thru, years later you will post here again, this time asking how you may right a wrong in your age as stated in your driver's license..
    Ty sa sagot mga sir. Alam ko it's best to wait pero is there a way para magka non pro na ako? I mean after ko mag student license without waiting for my 18th birthday? Ty sa answer mga sir
    Best is to just wait the one or two years. The Driver's License is more than a permit to operate a vehicle.

It is also an official government ID. In cases where you are required to show one or two government IDs for verification purposes (NBI clearance, credit card verification, etc etc), hindi mo magagamit yung DL mo kasi mali yung birthdate na nakalagay. Medyo mahirap ipapalit ito once nakapasok na sa system...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Bakit gusto ni TS kaagad magkaron ng drivers license?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Best is to just wait the one or two years. The Driver's License is more than a permit to operate a vehicle.

It is also an official government ID. In cases where you are required to show one or two government IDs for verification purposes (NBI clearance, credit card verification, etc etc), hindi mo magagamit yung DL mo kasi mali yung birthdate na nakalagay. Medyo mahirap ipapalit ito once nakapasok na sa system...
    I totally agree. It is best to wait. I started driving when I was in elementary​ and so I had my license when I was in highschool because I was "required" to drive on my own. It was a good thing back then, my grandmother always had an available driver anytime during vacation. Consequences? All the good for me! I was one of the few students​ with an owner type jeep. Being young and with no regards to whatever may happen, I'd "steal" our car... and so time came I had to shell out money from my "hard earned savings".

Now, this driver's license is somewhat "useless and dangerous" for me. Let me start with "useless". I was in another bank branch and I presented my ID. Since it doesn't match their records, I needed to assure them that it is really me. In cases where two or more ID's are required, this driver's license is again useless in any official transaction because the date of birth doesn't coincide with the other ID. How about if you have two PRC licenses? It doesn't always work. This certain agency said that even though these two are different professional licenses​, it is still under PRC. They require two "different" government issued ID's.

This time, the "dangerous​" part. What if you were to be involved in an accident? What ID will be presented and required in the police report is no other than your driver's license. Let's just imagine that the offending party, not you, decided not to settle things. You're next step is to bring it in court. What if the offending party's lawyer saw the discrepancy in your driver's license? Can they turn the tables for their favor? Well, they might argue that you shouldn't be on the road because you have an "invalid license".

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    Can you or someone else help me "correct the wrong" that my relatives did where I was the willing accomplice for the "crime"? I never thought of this "dangerous" part until now. I really don't know but it could pose a problem.

Going back with the suggested answer, I required my two grown-up kids to get their student's license on their own without any "help" by going through the process. Unlike me...

If I may reiterate, get your license the proper way.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post

Going back with the suggested answer, I required my two grown-up kids to get their student's license on their own without any "help" by going through the process. Unlike me...

If I may reiterate, get your license the proper way.
    Cant help you with the birthdate thing but you may want to check with the LTO ppl the next time you renew (or about to renew). Or try cold calling the LTO east avenue office para walang habol for the meantime hehe.

Your post made me remember when i first applied for a DL... akala ko mabilis lang kasi maaga ako nakarating sa office... turned out to be a 7 to 4 thing :O

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You can have the birthdate corrected at LTO ... you need an affidavit and of course pay a processing fee ...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I'd like to revise what I've said earlier, "get your license the proper way". Instead, my suggestion is you weigh in the pros and cons. From there, you decide what's best for you.

Now, to answer your question is to simply forge your date of birth and submit it to the office and hope that no one will challenge whatever you have submitted. Please don't ask me or anyone here on how to do it.

To everyone reading this, I do not advocate doing illegal things. As an example, my two grown-up kids have their student's license without any "help".

I remember hearing this, that our mind has the tendency to "put up a wall" whenever we hear someone telling us what to. Our tendency is to do the opposite thing of what is being said. There should be a "sense of ownership" to the decision. Otherwise, it doesn't work the way it should be when something else comes up.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I did drive a manual at LTO head office. easy peasy

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Ano mga pinagawa? Balita ko may rental fee rin kung wala ka dalang sasakyan? Karamihan ba nagdadala? Planning to get my non-pro around end of this month.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12