New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Just want to ask, if there is no "left turn yield on green sign", can you make a left turn when the general green is on and no red arrow to the left? as you can see, walang oncoming traffic. though i always turn left when there is a "left turn yield on green" sign provided that it safe to do so, in this case, wala. whats the correct rule? this traffic light has no red left arrow. only general green and left green arrow

Also, there are some drivers who do not turn right even though there is no "Stop on Red Sign"

These are the only traffic laws im confused with. been driving for ages, pero confused parin ako hehehe
    Last edited by suysuy; December 12th, 2010 at 10:23 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro., it was the same case as the intersection of Zap-Alab Rd and Madrigal Ave. in Muntinlupa City

There was a traffic light for (general) green and green left turn.

If the green left turn is on,- you can obviously turn left. However, if the green left turn is off and what remains is the (general) green on, international practice is that you can turn left with caution.

There was a thread on this, and that's what the TS did,- turn left with caution on a (general) green on and he got apprehended by the traffic enforcers. According to the TS, they were able to persuade the City Government to install a red left turn light to remove this ambiguity.

I'll try to see if I can post the link of the thread here...

11.5K:cheers2:

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i see, problema kasi dito sa atin parang walang clear rules about this eh. hindi nalang rin ako nag left dahil merong cctv dyan kitang kita ako hehehe. yung mga situation na ganito ang palaging nakakalito. yung walang sign
    Last edited by suysuy; December 12th, 2010 at 10:27 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74552

Here it is bro....

11.5K:cheers2:

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i guess i did the right decision lolz!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    this is in Davao right? im here for a vacation and mukhang hitech ung traffic lights dito. ganyan din traffic light sa Tulip drive - hindi mag green ang left turn if hindi ka detected ng sensor. i was stuck on traffic kase the Left turn skipped and kaya yun i waited for the next one.

I can only turn left if the green arrow is on kase mag cconflict dun sa other/left side, i guess naka on yung Turn left nila kaya yung sayo bawal pang mag left

Laws About Traffic Lights: Clarification Thread