New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hi guys I'm really sorry kung meron ng ganitong topic I need an answer lang badly dito ako dinirect ng kaibigan ko lang. Kasi late ako ngayon sa pag register, 8 ang last ng plaka ko 1 week na akong late. Sa tuesday na ako makakapagparegister since holiday sa monday. Huhulihin na po ba ako pag lumabas ako (EDSA,SLEX etc)?

Thank You very much and more power to tsikot.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ixa_bakugen View Post
    Hi guys I'm really sorry kung meron ng ganitong topic I need an answer lang badly dito ako dinirect ng kaibigan ko lang. Kasi late ako ngayon sa pag register, 8 ang last ng plaka ko 1 week na akong late. Sa tuesday na ako makakapagparegister since holiday sa monday. Huhulihin na po ba ako pag lumabas ako (EDSA,SLEX etc)?

Thank You very much and more power to tsikot.

Technically, you could be apprehended for driving an unregistered vehicle.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    ah okies yung friend ko kasi told me na hindi pa ako huhulihin kung hindi pa 1 ako 1 month late ipakita ko lang yung registration ko last year pag sinita ako. Buti na lang nag ask ako dito. Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hi! New member here. Sorry for the thread necro, but I think the question fits the topic.

I have a car that is due for renewal of registration. I got it Dec 2006 and it was registered for 2007 up to 2010. With its plate number ending in 1, it's due for renewal January this year. However, when I was about to have it renewed middle of January 2010 (I have actually successfully completed the emissions testing), I was told that there was a problem with the records, that the plate number was not in the database. I was asked to take it to Taguig where Toyota had it registered. The emissions testing fee was refunded.

When I got to Taguig, I went to the records section and was told I can't renew it as the plate umber was not uploaded in the database. I gave the details, as well as a certification from Toyota regarding the previous registration of the car, along with a certified true copy of the OR/CR.

I was told to follow the following week. The following week came and I followed up and was told the record was not yet updated. I waited another week and went to the Taguig LTO last week. I was still told it has not yet been updated. I was given an SRU number though, which was supposed to indicate that the upload request has been made. When I asked for a date when the upload would take effect, I was given a "sorry sir, we don't know."

It is now February and still no update. I am therefore "late" for the registration renewal through no fault of my own.

(disclaimer: I am an IT Manager for a big multinational and it really pisses me off to see ineffective "automation" but, somehow, I managed to be patient with the LTO up to this time).

My questions now are:

1. (Though I think I know the answer to this, I'll ask it anyway) Am I still liable for the "late" renewal of my registration?

2. Am I liable for driving an "improperly registered" vehicle (it's "late" right?) if I am to drive it to the LTO office for renewal assuming I confirm that the record has been updated (I really feel stupid about this)?

3. Is there a way (an efficient one at that) for me to check the record if it has been updated, apart from actually going to LTO Taguig? I checked LTO E-Transact, and you can't even register for an account; it just coughs out a bunch of Tomcat errors upon submitting the registration info (bravo Stradcom)? I got the record guy's number in LTO Taguig, but really, I don't think I'd like to hassle him everyday (what if he gets pissed and decides to "hide" my record at the bottom of the pile)

Looking back, this is really Toyota's fault mostly... partly mine as I fully trusted them to properly handle the car's registration when I first bought it (it was bought under a 3-year plan, so it the OR/CR encumbered to them then, fully paid dec 2009) .

I'd greatly appreciate any assistance on these questions.

More power to all!

P.S.
    And sorry for the long-winded post... just needed to vent.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Sorry... double posted because I though the first submission was not successful (web service hanged for a bit). My bad...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    If a vehicle was not regitered for more than a month, the fine is 50% of the MVUC. But when you get to the LTO without getting apprehended, will they charge you the P10k penalty for driving an unregistered vehicle?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    No, di ka nga na apprehend diba?

Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    If a vehicle was not regitered for more than a month, the fine is 50% of the MVUC. But when you get to the LTO without getting apprehended, will they charge you the P10k penalty for driving an unregistered vehicle?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Yup, di nga nahuli sa kalye, kaya lang baka may huli sa LTO compound, kasi katwiran nila, binyahe mo na unregistered

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    just bring the car to the LTO, po. wala silang magic gadget na titimbre pag daan nyo sa harapan nila.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 23rd, 2018 at 02:03 AM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    and besides you need to bring the vehicle to the Lto office in order for you to register your vehicle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Late registration question