New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    If you ask me, the car driver is probably a newby to be intimidated by MC riders. If he has more experience, he will not give an inch to them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    If you ask me, the car driver is probably a newby to be intimidated by MC riders. If he has more experience, he will not give an inch to them.

its camera enforced. newbie or not, its just something to think about. mental note lng for me i guess coz i got a heavy lead foot fine from an unmarked vehicle.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I know. We have to be aware to hold our line against MCs.
    An in law got caught by those cameras after midnight in Manila. May image capture din. Those things don’t sleep.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Vehicles crossing solid lines is a pet peeve of mine. Especially on highways and expressways. People criss-cross solid lines like they're broken lines.... no distinction. If you see a solid line, treat your vehicle like it's on rails.

As for the article, if the motorcycle(s) were already there when the vehicle arrived, he/she shouldn't have squeezed himself into the spot. I know that's easier said than done, but that's probably how motorcycles should be treated.... like a standard 4-wheeled vehicle.

MCs lang minsan, they try to take their cake and eat it too. They cry foul if you breach their space, citing the fact above. However, they do little not to take up a car's space when squeezing in from all directions and angles.

So i think the solid line rule should also apply to MCs. Meaning, no lane-splitting or lane changes on solid lines.
    Last edited by oj88; August 11th, 2021 at 02:42 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    agree sir.. kakainis yan mga MC.. yung parating ka tapos biglang lilipat ng linya para lang pumunta sa harap ng stoplight.. they don't care on approaching vehicles from the adjacent lane..

i understand them when they employ lane filtering technique.. but only when the other vehicles are stationary.. when moving, they should move with the traffic.. filtering will only distract other drivers..

also, many MC riders want to overtake pa on during a left or right turn.. hindi ba sila pwede sumunod sa linya then overtake after the turn?

one time, i was turning left in an intersection, i saw two kamotes on my left racing me to turn but the other one hesitated causing the other to crash.. i heard a good crunch on their MC eh..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    the mc swarm is unstoppable. sabit or not grabe. i guess stress reliever ang ppf...for some

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Parang larong patintero iyan ah,- "sinfull" or "stepping on the line"... Seriously, it is tricky and imo, he should be given just a warning as there should be a public education... Should not be relegated to individual opinions on violation and penalty....

In other countries, you cannot drive over painted areas of the road, as they serve as virtual kerbs....

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Pero yung MC sa pedestrian lane or marked crossing (big Orange X), wala penalty or Di man lang nila mapaalis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    i wold have stepped on my breaks and stopped behind the motorcycle.
    when the light turns green, i could not make arangkada ahead of the motorsiklo anyway, lest i get scratched.
    the depth of the scratch is not affected by whoever was at fault.

what intersection was this, kaya?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast