New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Seems that even the low end cars like Toyota Rush and Mitsu Expander are now coming out with keyloss FOB as standard features

Never assume the car will turn off by itself.

Another blame the car for being absent-minded...

Keyless Cars Have Killed More Than 2 Dozen People Since 26: Report

Since 2006, at least 28 deaths and 45 injuries have been linked to keyless engines that do not automatically shut off after the driver exits the car, even if the driver leaves with the fob required to activate the engine, a review by The New York Times found.

In each case, the driver was found to have inadvertently left the car running in a garage. Many keyless vehicles do not need the fob nearby to remain running. The error caused the attached homes to fill up with the exhaust’s toxic carbon monoxide gas, which is odorless and colorless.

In 2016, a similar review of car poisoning deaths by the nonprofit safety group KidsAndCars.org found that there were at least 20 deaths involving keyless ignitions from 2009 to 2016.

Almost half the fatalities and injuries reviewed by the Times involved Toyota models, including Lexus, a luxury vehicle division of Toyota.

In 2015 a class action lawsuit that was filed against 10 automakers cited 13 deaths that it said were caused by keyless ignitions. The lawsuit was dismissed in 2016 after a judge ruled that it’s only “speculative” that the keyless feature causes death or injury, Law360 reported.
    Last edited by Monseratto; May 16th, 2018 at 03:01 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I hate articles like these. I mean katangahan na ng tao yan. Lahat ng bagay magiging masama kung di tayo magiging responsible, kung ganun lang, edi wag na rin magdrive dahil nakakamatay magdrive

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    I hate articles like these. I mean katangahan na ng tao yan. Lahat ng bagay magiging masama kung di tayo magiging responsible, kung ganun lang, edi wag na rin magdrive dahil nakakamatay magdrive

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk
    Binasa mo ba yung artikulo? Ah baka hindi kasi hate mo nga pala mga ganon. Ang sabi don, marami sa mga biktima ay yung mga matatanda na na nag-uulyanin, sila ang mas mdalas makalimot patayin ang makina.

Isa pa, naging tahimik na din masyado ang mga makabagong makina kaya bukod sa ulyanin na ang iba e hindi pa madali mapansin.

Ngayon, kung pwede naman isama na yung feature na yun sa sasakyan at hindi naman kamahalan ang ganon sa mga manufacturers, e bakit hindi, di ba?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    I had some ulyanin moments with keyless. Thankfully, it's mostly walking up to the car, pushing the door or the start button, not getting any response, then realizing that I don't have the key fob with me.

Mas madali ngang makalimot pag nasanay na easy access sa kotse.

Pag auto off ang kotse ang magiging problema naman dyan ay kung halimbawang umuwi ka saglit para jumebs. Iniwan mong umaandar ang oto dahil gusto mo malamig pagbalik mo. Bitbit mo ang susi at nilapag sa mesa. Paglabas mo ng toilet sakay ka agad sa kotse at hindi mo napansing hindi mo pala nabitbit ang susi. Ititirik ka ngayon sa alanganin. Whereas kung walang auto off pwede ka pang bumalik sa bahay.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    This happened to me the first time I took our new CX-5 out to a public place. The door didn't lock for some reason, so i went back into the car to only notice it was still running. LOL. It was that ridiculously quiet, and I blame my inexperience with keyless fobs. But now i have activated the DRL and auto lights in the menu settings, so that it's pretty obvious if it's still running...even if i would leave it in the garage. But if I rely on just engine noise, I will probably miss it since it's damn quiet when idling.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Some features of cars has pros and cons. That's why minsan may mga recall ang mga car manufacturers. Generations change at minsan yung iba di makasabay sa changes and some takes time to adopt this changes kaya nasasanay sa old routines.
    Our cars with keyless entry/ignition has a beefing sound when you walk away from the car(engine on)with your key fob on you for alert purposes.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    parang SUA ito, yes design flaw (if youre nitpicking) but still owner/driver fault.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Hard to imagine the same danger will apply to us:

For one, hardly anyone in the PH have a proper garage....

So there.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Common problem to sa Sonata. Gen2 Fort and Gen 3 montero. Lalo na sa Sonata na Gas na tahimik. Although may warning sound naman pag lumabas ka sa oto ng umaandar pa din makina.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    In fairness sa cruze pag naka andar at naiwan mo key sa labas ng auto nag aalarm siya which reminds you na yung susi is nasa labas ng sensor... [emoji106] and if engine is off tapos lumabas ka then na iwan mo susi sa loob ng sasakyan nag bebebeep din... [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast