New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I could say the same for people who earn entry-level salaries but have the gall to buy branded clothes and expensive smartphones. The reasoning is always that they choose to spend on what makes them happy. Many people feel that they can't achieve any significant financial milestones anyway, so why bother saving for a rainy day when they can live on day-to-day temporary satisfaction.

From my experience, financial literacy is somewhat correlated with socio-economic status. The poor and poorly educated do not have the privilege to learn how to budget and save for the long term, effectively reinforcing their subpar financial standing.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Well said sir Jeepney Strike 02-06-2017

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Because jeepney drivers don't know any other way to let their voices be heard. And because if they don't do anything, the tendency is for them to be further marginalized.

Don't get me wrong. I agree that many of them lack the discipline and proper attitude to be responsible drivers on the road. But that's because noone has ever held them accountable for it. In a system where you get a driver's license just for showing up, there's no incentive to take the effort to learn responsible driving.

At talaga namang mahirap sila. They toil for the entire day just to get what many of us earn in an hour. Which is why they grab any chance they get to turn the tides in their favor.

I could say the same for people who earn entry-level salaries but have the gall to buy branded clothes and expensive smartphones. The reasoning is always that they choose to spend on what makes them happy. Many people feel that they can't achieve any significant financial milestones anyway, so why bother saving for a rainy day when they can live on day-to-day temporary satisfaction.

From my experience, financial literacy is somewhat correlated with socio-economic status. The poor and poorly educated do not have the privilege to learn how to budget and save for the long term, effectively reinforcing their subpar financial standing.

Juts kailangan ng representation ng tsikot sa congress at ikaw dapat magrepresent.

Ako maging "online campaign manager" mo.

Kailangan lang kita bigyan ng alyas para maareach class c d e.

Vote jut "Dyutay" Walang liko-liko !!!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    lalakas ng loob mag strike ng mga ito. lahat nalang pabor sa kanilang "mahirap".
    Sobra ka naman magsalita. Maybe hindi mo pa naexperience na sumakay sa public transportation like jeep or UV. First of all yan anf pangunahing sakayan ng mga Pilipino, lalo na mg kagaya namin na di maka-afford ng private cars or taxi. Kung maka-"MAHIRAP" ka ha. Ang mga jeepney drivers na yan, may family at mga anak na pinagaaral yan. Kaya di umunlad Pilipinas madaming tao ang mataas ang tingin sa sarili na kagaya mo. Tsk. Shame on you.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    IMO ninjababez has a point. We understand their predicament, but there is such a thing as tyranny of the poor. In times like these you can really see why public transport franchises should only be given to well funded individuals/companies. Most of our workforce are held hostage by these strikes. When you consider the number of commuters affected vs operators/drivers, the choice becomes clear. Government should find a way to help these career operators/drivers though.

Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Juts kailangan ng representation ng tsikot sa congress at ikaw dapat magrepresent.

Ako maging "online campaign manager" mo.

Kailangan lang kita bigyan ng alyas para maareach class c d e.

Vote jut "Dyutay" Walang liko-liko !!!
    Oist! Ba't naman umamin ka na kung ano ka, baka di na maniwala sa yo fans mo.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What does dyutay mean?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Nung panahon ni marcos panay din ang strike ng mga jeepney dahil sa pagconstruct ng LRT. Kung nakinig lang ang admin sa mga yan edi hanggang ngayon wala pa tayong LRT. Hindi pwedeng laging hinohold ng mga yan ang development ng karamihan

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sa Rizal Avenue sa kalookan dami rin nakapila....

Why do commuters always like to block half the road when they can't get a ride...

Stranded passengers seen at Batasan, Commonwealth, Quezon City.
    Last edited by Monseratto; February 6th, 2017 at 11:26 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    What does dyutay mean?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    "Dyutay" means small in Ilonggo. The Cebuano uses a different word, "gamay" or "gagmay".

Not sure if it means something else in another local dialect. hehehehe

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Classes in Malabon has been suspended. UST has also suspended classes in all level starting noon.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast