New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    HEY VALLE PEEPS! NO TO FLYOVERS ON C5? YOU SHOULD RECONSIDER THAT.
    Let me tell you some stories Ive heard about people who have said not to elevated structures on major thoroughfares.

The most celebrated case I know is when the property owners in Forbes Park Makati said no to an elevated rail system (which later on became the MRT). Their logic (if you can call it that) was that if the rail were elevated the people could see into their homes ( and we all know how exciting it is inside rich peoples home from all the tele-novelas we watch). Now don’t ask me what you can see at 60kph while you’re smushed against another sweaty human being...Im just telling you what I heard.

Anyway to get back to the story...the EDSA Buendia MRT Station was built at ground level to avoid any (real or imagined) peeping toms peering into the homes of the rich and not-necessarily fabulous. The result was a choke point of biblical proportions cause by busses picking up passengers from the MRT, cars making a U-turn under the Buendia flyover, and traffic merging from the ayala flyover and tunnel. That resulted in traffic pile ups which literally smoked out (not ganja smoke out but more a la Auschwitz carbon monoxide youre going to die smoke out) the homes closest to EDSA. The net result of that to the Forbes residents was that any property along the stretch from Ayala to Buendia (along EDSA) has lost (anecdotally) about 50% of its value.

I see the same thing happening along the C5 stretch from the Ortigas to Shaw Blvd. Traffic slows down and builds up from all the U-turns and cross traffic as well as the approach to the Shaw Blvd overpass where jeeps slow down to the lower level.

A flyover along that stretch would eliminate all the vehicular traffic that just needs to get to the more southern areas and reduce the emissions by speeding up traffic. Regarding the peeping tom issue...trust me...with all the hot bods available on the net I really doubt that anyone will want to see your skinny ass anyway.

And it really doesn’t matter if the MMDA chair agrees to NOT build the flyovers because you protested. You didn’t win the battle, you got suckered. Realize that with 2013 around the corner…agreeing with you is a POLITICAL move. That means after 2013…all bets are off.

Plus…traffic is not a convenience issue..its an economic one. So Im sorry but preventing people from looking into your home is not a good contra to fixing traffic (which will have serious economic impacts) so this issue will come back to haunt you.

Now for your personal pleasure, the reality is that if you don’t fix the traffic in your area soon, you’re going to lose property value. And even if you’re just renting and you think you’ll be able to leverage off this issue for cheap rent heres the kicker…your health bills for lung disease will skyrocket. And trust me, emphysema is not fun.

So in the end Im not telling you that flyovers are good. I’m telling that not having flyovers is may be bad for your property and your family’s health.

My suggestion? Buy some blinds or put on a towel.

And think about it again.
    source: https://www.facebook.com/jaime.garch...51085184196676

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Where is this supposed to be? Julia Vargas to C5?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Planned
    500-meter, 2-lane flyover to C-5 Lanuza Street
    500-meter, 2-lane flyover to C-5 from Julia Vargas

Actual
    326-meter, 2-lane flyover along C-5 at Lanuza Street (southbound)
    276-meter, 2-lane flyover along C-5 at from Julia Vargas

http://www.jica.go.jp/english/operat...ect22_full.pdf

Kinda confused with the to/from. The J Vargas to C5 NB kinda makes sense. The Lanuza I'm not so sure.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    ano yung Valle peeps? mga taga valle verde? sila may-ari ng C5?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    sana lagyan din ng flyover ang paikot ng mega mall, laging traffic

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENMasterTYL View Post
    sana lagyan din ng flyover ang paikot ng mega mall, laging traffic
    Dapat flyover that by-passes shangrila, megamall and galleria pera di na stuck sa traffic along that part of EDSA.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tuklot View Post
    ano yung Valle peeps? mga taga valle verde? sila may-ari ng C5?

They might not own C5 ... pero dami "big-shots" nakatira dyan sa VV kaya they can get their opinions counted, just like at Forbes in Makati.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ^^ yep we used to sell at the weekend tiangge of sm hypermart pasig, sm people warns us about those VIPs/Big shots

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    well that's the problem of our society. imagine the amount of time and fuel wasted on those chocked intersections? maybe these "big-shots" time is more important than mine and couldn't care less about the wasted fuel on their cars, but not for the regular guy on the streets. kahit diesel ang gatong ng oto ko, binibili pa rin yun.
    btw i see a couple of those "no to flyover" signs along granada st. near the corner of santolan and ortigas ave. another time and fuel wasting trap, no wonder lots of counter flowing cars.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    tiga - Valle ako pero i don't see why etong mga kapitbahay eh kelangan ma-concern dyan sa flyover. be your fit body, para pag nakita ka sa flyover, maganda katawan mo. eh pag mataba ka nga, pagtatawanan ka. mayaman ka nga, pero puros rich food naman kain mo, ganun talaga, pangit katawan mo

and besides sa baba naman yun flyover pala dyan sa Lanuza, kala ko sa taas. di naman ako kita. by all means, ituloy ang project para sa bayan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Jaime Garchitorena: HEY VALLE PEEPS! NO TO FLYOVERS ON C5? YOU SHOULD RECONSIDER THAT