New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Which state will you be going to? Check the website of that state's DMV to get more accurate information. Google is your friend.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    super thanks guys :D you are the best!

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    The Philippine DL will do. When I was there, sabi ng rent-a-car clerk, that Philippine DL are the best. Highly regarded ang mga "driving skills" ng Pinoy!

FYI, very forgiving ang mga law enforcement officers sa Pinoy License holders.

Sa US kasi, you can contest the apprehensions sa courts, kahit foreigner ka pa. But, since court cases can drag on for a long long time, the officers usually let you go rather than give you to have a reason to stay in the US longer than you should.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Sa California you DO NOT NEED an IDL. http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/hdbk/pgs0...m#visitorstoca

Visitors over 18 years old with a valid driver license from their home state or country may drive in California without getting a driver license as long as their home state license remains valid.
    AVIS accepts your Phil DL as proof of license. Trust me on this one.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    Sa California you DO NOT NEED an IDL. http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/hdbk/pgs0...m#visitorstoca

I am so glad to hear that our IDL is accepted in other country like US. Not like in here in Middle East, they know that we get our license under the table. I actually paid P1500 (actual yata ay P300 lang nung 2003) in Dagupan and even asked for receipt but they refused. Kung alam ko lang na di accepted binalik ko na lang. Sayang ang logo ng AAP, laki pa naman ng ID.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post

I am so glad to hear that our IDL is accepted in other country like US. Not like in here in Middle East, they know that we get our license under the table. I actually paid P1500 (actual yata ay P300 lang nung 2003) in Dagupan and even asked for receipt but they refused. Kung alam ko lang na di accepted binalik ko na lang. Sayang ang logo ng AAP, laki pa naman ng ID.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    For car rental,- ang basis pa rin (at ang hinihingi) ay ang driver's license.....

2201:attack:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama yun isang post kailangan lang yun IDL kung yun license mo is not in english since yun s atin english naman ang sulat then no need

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    vice-versa case.. from mideast to Phils..

i have an EXPIRED Phil license, all i got is my mideast one. what's the process.
    sabi nung iba basta dala mo passport mo ok na, sabi naman iba ipatransalate yung mideast license sa office of muslim affairs and carry it along together with your passport when driving sa pinas.totoo ba ito?

ano po ba dapat gawin??

10. Join Date
    Jan 2002
    question about IDL: pwede bang magpa-renew ng IDL kahit expired na license mo and nasa ibang bansa ka? yung bang papa-asikaso mo lang?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
International Drivers License