New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys..where can i get one?diba ako makakadrive using my present license sa ibang bansa?

my dad had one sa pma daw...meron pa ba nun ngayon?

what are the procedures and how much?

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Don't know. Pero opposite ang ginawa ko. Meron ako US drivers license. Member din ako ng AAA auto club kaya pumunta ako duon, bayad $40 pagtapos binigyan ako ng isang form to fill up. Pagtapos binigyan ako ng isang papel at sabi sa kin dalhin ko daw along with my license when I drive overseas. Good 1 year lang. Lahat to ginawa ko sa US.

Kung magdrive ko sa US or Canada, baka hindi ka payagin kasi wala kang insurance. Mahigpit ang insurance doon kasi ang rate is based on the driver. Kung pangalan mo hindi included sa policy, hindi mo pwede drive yung kotse.

Kung plano mo mag-drive sa Toronto, kalimutan mo na. Hindi ka makakadrive sa snow.
    Last edited by jolog1; October 19th, 2004 at 02:14 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    diba kelangan parin mag -coordinate sa local government your driving at to get a tempo liscence?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you don't need an int'l license since your phjilippine driver's license is valid in canada for 3 months from date of entry. siguro naman in 3 months time nakakuha ka na ng canadian license so why bother getting int'l dl from the pma di ba.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as regards the insurance, i believe you can get insurance in canada for driving purposes. that's what i did when i went to the US for the first time, got an insurance kahit wala pa ko kotse. medyo mahal lang nga.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Just go to AAP in Aurora Blvd, bring 2 or 3 ID pictures, and a photocy of your local license.

They will process membership for you and your international license. Then you can drive anywhere in the world where AAP has a sister org. and has reciprocal recognition. In the US, if you are an AAP member, you can even get services from AAA.

Insurance is done separately. If you are renting cars abroad, you just pay extra for that. If relatives are lending you their cars, just check on their insurance coverage, maybe you can be added as another driver (am not sure).

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    bm5er quote:

photocy of your local license".

"They will process membership for you and your international

license. Then you can drive anywhere in the world
    where AAP has a sister org. and has reciprocal
    recognition. In the US, if you are an AAP
    member, you can even get services from AAA".

bme5 is right.

here's my tywo cents worth: i went to VA last summer and had the opportunity to drive. Unfortunately, on our last week there, we were involved in a fender bender, fortunately, no one was injured. The police officer asked for my IDP, it's good i had one. No trouble about insurance whatsoever.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think IDP cost P900 for non AAP members.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You'll be driving sa Canada right? I've been driving there since last week. Halos 500km worth of driving. No problem naman. Remember the thread I posted wherein my cousin and I got rear-ended by another civic? I got the chance to talked to the police about an international drivers license. They don't honor it because according to them, it could just be fabricate by anyone. They will always look for the official drivers license card from your home country. I guess that settles it.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep, tagal nang gimik ng AAP yang 'international driver's license' na yan.

In Canada (I'm not sure about the U.S. since most of my relatives are in Canada), they will always honor your home country's license for a certain period (three months accg to sir yebo).

That will give you ample time to apply for a local driver's license.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
international driver's license