• Yes

6 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    There are a lot of things to fix, but my first focus would be to mandate that drivers be given fixed salaries.

That and paglilinis ng mga franchise - start by reducing the number of operators, to ultimately having the bus lines run and maintained by the gov't, or more realistically, a reliable partner.
    Fixed salaries will not change drivers habits, not all PUV cause traffic or accident, there also stupid rich people driving.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll be a little more draconian with respect to enforcement using existing laws:

1. Remove the power of LGUs to write their own traffic codes (can be done by EO). All enforcers shold be deputized thru MMDA only.

2. Impose a 3-strike policy for ALL PUB/PUJ/Taxi/FX drivers and operators, i.e. 3 traffic-related apprehensions or accidents in a year = revocation of franchise/license and perpetual disqualification from driving or operating vehicles. This can also be done for operators of Private Motor Vehicles.

3. Impose MANDATORY MV Comprehensive Insurance for all PUV/PUJ/Taxi/FX, with a minimum coverage of Php 500k for accidents/damage to property/injury/death, with increasing premiums in case of record of past accidents.

4. Forcible impounding and destruction of ALL COLORUM PUB/PUJ/Taxi/FX vehicles, seizure and destruction of which should be summary in nature because of CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER to public safety.

5. Implement a full-time traffic-patrol group to pursue and apprehend traffic violators. Those who try to FLEE APPREHENSION instead of properly contesting it will not only be fined, but jailed. The MCs and MVs used for this purpose should have a mounted dashcam for recording of apprehensions and arrests.

6. Prohibition of MCs on national highways, especially EDSA and C5. Those on MCs can only ride them on secondary roads.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Correct me if I am wrong but aren't all, if not most, of those suggestions posted here have already been done or tried by the MMDA at some point in time?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Balikpinoy View Post
    1. Cancel all bus franchises and start recertification and issuance.
    2. Create a north and south provincial bus terminal.
    3. Only city buses are allowed inside the metro.
    4. Triple Mrt capacity.
    5. Implement a PUV feeder system into and out of main Mrt stations.
    this plus.
    - harder exam for PUV drivers and they need to take the exam every 6 months plus monthly random drug test
    - fixed salary for PUV drivers
    - every traffic enforcer will be issued a video cam and all apprehension shall be recorded if not then apprehension can be contested, oh and the video cam shall be on at all times while TE is on duty.
    - MMDA should be the only sole government agency to have a traffic enforcer
    - forcibly remove the side walk vendors just like what bayani did
    - MMDA will only concentrate on traffic, everything else like flood control etc. should be handled by a different department

the list goes on but i'm too lazy to type.:bwahaha:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ang unang una ko gagawin is.

Demote si Tolentino as traffic enforcer bigyan ko siya ng quota.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Balikpinoy View Post
    1. Cancel all bus franchises and start recertification and issuance.
    2. Create a north and south provincial bus terminal.
    3. Only city buses are allowed inside the metro.
    4. Triple Mrt capacity.
    5. Implement a PUV feeder system into and out of main Mrt stations.
    With all due respect sir. I agree with everything, but number 3. As a daily provincial commuter, I just want to ask, where do you want provincial buses to pass? If the buses from Batangas will not go Edsa or Magallanes I'll be forced to bring a car daily and then what? Lose some 20k a month as compared to 8k with commuting daily?

Provincial bus drivers/companies are a bit better than the City bus drivers/companies kung traffic rules lang din ang batayan sir. And it's not only the PUVs na nakakabwisit sa kalsada, kahit yung ibang private car owners nakakairita din.

Going back to the topic. Here's what I'll do.

1. Coordinate with the Bus operators to make sure all buses are new and comfortable (if kaya ng provincial buses bakit hindi ng city buses?).
    2. Be strict with the 10 or 15 year palit ng bus system.
    3. Dagdagan yung tren ng MRT at LRT. Pagwapuhin ng onti yung PNR.
    4. Be strict with traffic rules, not just with PUVs but also with Private vehicles.
    5. Make bus stops. Dapat naman talaga may designated bus stops lang para sa mga PUVs eh. Kaya pangit ng sistema natin kasi kung gusto bumaba ng pasahero eh ibababa naman ng mga bus kahit bawal na babaan. Kahit sa Makati sa umaga lang ok yang loading/ unloading nila, sa gabi maraming pasahero na sasakay at bababa kung san gusto.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but aren't all, if not most, of those suggestions posted here have already been done or tried by the MMDA at some point in time?

Ung implementation of traffic rules hindi pa na try ng MMDA.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaflakes View Post
    With all due respect sir. I agree with everything, but number 3. As a daily provincial commuter, I just want to ask, where do you want provincial buses to pass? If the buses from Batangas will not go Edsa or Magallanes I'll be forced to bring a car daily and then what? Lose some 20k a month as compared to 8k with commuting daily?
    The suggestion of Balikpinoy is the creation of provincial terminals before you enter Metro Manila. You do not need to bring the whole bus inside Metro Manila.

Shempre, to enter Metro Manila you need to transfer to another bus/jeep which has the rights to transport people within Metro Manila.

Sample na lang ung JAC liner (near LRT buendia), ung mga bus nila ay isa sa nag cause ng traffic sa area dyan. Ung mga pasahero naman ay pwede gumamit ng ibang means of transport para makarating sa provincial bus terminal.

Alam ko hassle sha kasi you need to transfer, but the same route na dadaanan ng JAC liner para makalabas ng Metro Manila ay same route na dinadaan din ng city buses/jeep.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaflakes View Post
    5. Make bus stops. Dapat naman talaga may designated bus stops lang para sa mga PUVs eh. Kaya pangit ng sistema natin kasi kung gusto bumaba ng pasahero eh ibababa naman ng mga bus kahit bawal na babaan. Kahit sa Makati sa umaga lang ok yang loading/ unloading nila, sa gabi maraming pasahero na sasakay at bababa kung san gusto.

ang PUV ay hindi door-to-door service, ito ang dapat maintindihan ng mga commuters. Makailang beses na akong nakaka-experience sa mga pasahero na kulang na lang ay ibaba sa tapat mismo ng pinto ng bahay/opis nila.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    ang PUV ay hindi door-to-door service, ito ang dapat maintindihan ng mga commuters. Makailang beses na akong nakaka-experience sa mga pasahero na kulang na lang ay ibaba sa tapat mismo ng pinto ng bahay/opis nila.
    i think it's not the passengers fault but the driver. kasi kung di naman mag baba yung driver sa di tamang lugar or mag sasakay di walang passenger na mag iintay or papara sa hindi bus stop. tingnan mo sa ibang bansa walang pumapara ng bus kung san san lang kasi alam nila kahit ano gawin nila kung hindi bus stop hindi titigil ang bus unless emergency. di naman pwedeng sabihin na kasalanan ng passenger kasi kung hindi siya pumara don di hindi hihinto ang bus, bakit nasa passenger ba ang manibela?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
If MMDA should ask for your services (consultant) to help resolve traffic