New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    seems like a nice project. something like a Mirage. i'll rip the engine out and transplant an electric motor.

but how about LTO registration?

emissions testing would be a problem as there are no emissions

and stencilling the engine number could be a problem coz the engine would be left at home

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    seems like a nice project. something like a Mirage. i'll rip the engine out and transplant an electric motor.

but how about LTO registration?

emissions testing would be a problem as there are no emissions

and stencilling the engine number could be a problem coz the engine would be left at home
    "change engine" LTO protocol siguro.
    the electric puv going around la salle manila has orange plates.
    so it is possible.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 18th, 2018 at 08:49 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    It's possible pero you'll be the test case. Wala pa atang private car owner AFAIK na nakapag register sa LTO ng electric vehicle.

The LTO has assigned orange plates na nga ata for electric vehicles like those in Makati and DLSU/Benilde ones.

Si MVP merong Tesla car pero nasa Meralco compound lang.

Why MVP can't use Tesla car on Philippine roads | ABS-CBN News

Article last updated October 2016.

I'd love to see our roads with modern and electric cars. Bawas pollution. Lalo na mga lumang kakaragkarag na mga jeeps.

An auto supply dealer told me many jeep drivers di sila nag change oil. Kasi may tama na makina. What they do is top up lang ng langis. Kaya sobra mausok jeep kasi kasama sa sunog ng makina ang langis. And what's worse, ang langis na binibili nila, second hand. Para mura. Yung mga na drain sa mga kotse natin. Not 100 percent if practiced widely pero very plausible.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post

An auto supply dealer told me many jeep drivers di sila nag change oil. Kasi may tama na makina. What they do is top up lang ng langis. Kaya sobra mausok jeep kasi kasama sa sunog ng makina ang langis. And what's worse, ang langis na binibili nila, second hand. Para mura. Yung mga na drain sa mga kotse natin. Not 100 percent if practiced widely pero very plausible.

so how come these jeeps still pass the emissions test?
    and why am i asking myself a question that i probably already know the answer to?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    It's possible pero you'll be the test case. Wala pa atang private car owner AFAIK na nakapag register sa LTO ng electric vehicle.

The LTO has assigned orange plates na nga ata for electric vehicles like those in Makati and DLSU/Benilde ones.

Si MVP merong Tesla car pero nasa Meralco compound lang.

Why MVP can't use Tesla car on Philippine roads | ABS-CBN News

Article last updated October 2016.

2 years old.
    perhaps developments have come up...?

perhaps they purchased the tesla, not for mvp's personal use, to drive around the compound like a pop car, but so that they can design the charging bays.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 18th, 2018 at 08:57 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    2 years old.
    perhaps developments have come up...?

perhaps they purchased the tesla, not for mvp's personal use, to drive around the compound like a pop car, but so that they can design the charging bays.
    Forward thinking most likely. If and when electric cars become prevalent, Meralco will be the next Shell/Caltex/Petron. Controlling charging rates. As if di pa nila monopolyo and kuryente sa Greater Manila Area.

Or pwede ring maraming idle cash si MVP at gusto lang ng toy.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    folks like him do not have "toys".
    they have "investment possibilities", masquerading as toys to us commoners.
    forward-thinking nga!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I'm also thinking of the same project ever since I've heard of Zelectric!

ZELECTRIC MOTORS

Found this earlier...

I also did some research on Electric AC for cars - expensive but available...

Issues I've found so far
    1. brakes - high end electric cars have this sensor which increases the suction of the hydrovac when the car is at high speed (not required for beetles)
    2. How long will the AC last in traffic? - can't find any info on "running time of electric AC"

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "change engine" LTO protocol siguro.
    the electric puv going around la salle manila has orange plates.
    so it is possible.
    "change engine" requires the new engine number... not sure if they will accept the electric motor's serial (kung meron)

electric PUVs meet's the required under 60km/h (speed limit) requirement ng LTO

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Someone has already registered a Tesla here in the Philippines ... There was a photo posted online of a Tesla with white plates ...

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...red-in-ph.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast