New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    In an effort to continuously find ways to reduce traffic congestion especially on EDSA, the newly formed Inter-Agency Council for Traffic (I-ACT) composed of the Philippine National Police-Highway Patrol Group (PNP-HPG), Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA), Land Transportation Office (LTO), Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) and force multipliers will be implementing major changes starting today.

The I-ACT issued an advisory yesterday stating that at 5AM today, Monday September 5 2016, the new traffic scheme on EDSA will be as follows:

Closure of U-Turn Slots Southbound near Trinoma after West Avenue to SM City Northbound;
    Closure/Removal of counterflow at Rockwell Flyover from Rockwell to EDSA; and
    North Road, EDSA - One way only from EDSA.

”We are appealing to all motorists who will be affected by said changes to bear with us as we effect said traffic plan to address the traffic problem of EDSA,” said I-ACT via the advisory.
    http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...ptember-5.html

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Closing the Rockwell flyover two way in the morning helps EDSA flow, but causes traffic to back up all the way to Barangka.

They forgot about EDSA NB today though. Took me nearly an hour from Katipunan to Santolan U-turn (via White Plains), and 10 minutes from there to Makati.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    They closed the U-turn slot before in front of trinoma to traffic going North Edsa from West Ave. and the traffic worsened under the Quezon Avenue flyover. Traffic going to Cubao was reduced to just one lane because the idiot drivers trying to cut into lane to Quezon Ave. where the only u-turn slot going to North Edsa, add to the buses letting off passengers in the middle of the street before going up the flyover...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    They closed the U-turn slot before in front of trinoma to traffic going North Edsa from West Ave. and the traffic worsened under the Quezon Avenue flyover. Traffic going to Cubao was reduced to just one lane because the idiot drivers trying to cut into lane to Quezon Ave. where the only u-turn slot going to North Edsa, add to the buses letting off passengers in the middle of the street before going up the flyover...
    They should consider opening up the EDSA - North Avenue intersection to left turning vehicles, if that is the case.

Kaya pala ambilis ko from EDSA Crame to Makati. Stuck lahat sa may Q. Ave area.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post

Kaya pala ambilis ko from EDSA Crame to Makati. Stuck lahat sa may Q. Ave area.
    Which is a good thing i guess,

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Well, they did close that u-turn slot before.

All PUVs and private cars going to SM North/Trinoma Area clogs up the service road, sama mo na yung mga makakapal mukha kung sumingit sa outermost lane going to the flyover, eh damay talaga ang aakyat ng flyover.

Apektado rin nito yung Q. Ave NB turning left, ang haba ng pila tapos na-haharangan rin ng mga pasaway yung pababa ng Q. Ave - EDSA Underpass.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ronki View Post
    Well, they did close that u-turn slot before.

All PUVs and private cars going to SM North/Trinoma Area clogs up the service road, sama mo na yung mga makakapal mukha kung sumingit sa outermost lane going to the flyover, eh damay talaga ang aakyat ng flyover.

Apektado rin nito yung Q. Ave NB turning left, ang haba ng pila tapos na-haharangan rin ng mga pasaway yung pababa ng Q. Ave - EDSA Underpass.

Hindi naman kasi hinuhuli ng mga enforcer yung mga nagka cut ng line. Kaya sobrang lakas ng loob nila gawin yun.