New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Our van's rear plate was stolen last week. Naka sulat lang ngayon sa likot is lost plate. Paano ba ito ipa-replace s LTO? How long and how much would it cost? TY sa lahat

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May magaling gumawa ng lto plate. Basta hindi yung rizal plate kaya nila. magpagawa ka nalang instead of getting a new one from LTO. Basta dikitan mo ng sticker ng registration. Oh and one more thing. make sure na tama yung number na palalagay o ha.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just report it sa LTO. Baka mamya magamit pa sa robbery or heist yung plaka mo at ikaw pa mapagbintangan.

afaik, you will need a lawyers' affidavit of lost or something like that.

matagal ang replacement... kasi merun pang waiting time yung recovery.

cost - hindi ko alam.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    stolen plate is really a hassle!

i remember in 93 the front plate of my van was stolen in hidden valley. i reported it to the lto and after 6 months i was told that somebody is trying to register a vehicle using my plate! they asked me if i want to file charges and i said yes but nothing happened. after 3 more years i just sold the van with the temporary plate still.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Just Go to LTO kailangan lang ng affidafit of loss tapos bayad ka ng 500 ata for the replacement ng plate, tpos bibigyan ka ng certification to use improvised plate good for one month. tpos every month renew mo un kung hindi pa na release ung new plate

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Yup, an affidavit of loss will do, then pay the P500.00 replacement fee. The catch is that LTO replacement plates arrives after 6 - 7 months pa from experience.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezzel View Post
    Just Go to LTO kailangan lang ng affidafit of loss tapos bayad ka ng 500 ata for the replacement ng plate, tpos bibigyan ka ng certification to use improvised plate good for one month. tpos every month renew mo un kung hindi pa na release ung new plate
    yup...make sure you file a stolen plates report....never know who will be using your plates. its quite easy. just make sure you have affidavit of lost, once filed, then you can use an improvised one until your replaced plates are ready.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Yup, an affidavit of loss will do, then pay the P500.00 replacement fee. The catch is that LTO replacement plates arrives after 6 - 7 months pa from experience.
    Actually you don't have to wait that long. After you've filed for the loss and have the affidavit notarized, you can request for "Authority to Paint" which can authorize you to make a plate (out of acrylic plastic) so as long as you follow the official colors of white background and green characters (numbers/letters).

So at least while waiting for the new ones to be issued, you will have legal plates

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    speaking of which, saan nakakabili ng nuts for the plates? yun allen wrench sana na nuts para medyo mahirapan naman alisin...or kung meron nuts na special screw ang gamit...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ah yes, you should execute an Affidavit of Loss for your plates. I think you should file it with the LTO. Have a police report filed na rin, so that you're *$$ is covered. Keep copies of these documents in the car, so in case you're flagged down, you have something to show the apprehending officers. The police will definitely go after you first when they apprehend the car used in some monkey business with your plates on it. In the absence of a police report and affidavit, they'll tag you as an accomplice at the least. I can't recall anymore how long it took for the replacement plates to arrive, so my dad had a temporary plastic plate made.

I remember a story on this thread, posted by Otep. His kumander's plate was stolen, so he had a really nice temporary plate made. Instead of "Philippines 2000" or what have you, written was "Lost Plate" or something to that effect. Lo and behold, pinag-initan pa ng pulis. Well, what happened next is another story altogether.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How to replace stolen PLATES?