New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    With the chaotic traffic of Metro Manila, it's interesting to know how long the average motorist travels from home to office everyday.

Let me start:

In the morning, it takes me about 15-20 minutes (Pasig to BGC). I leave at around 9:00-9:30am, avoiding the bulk of the traffic at 7-8am.

Going home, it takes about 45 minutes. I usually leave around 6-7pm. If traffic's bad, it could take an hour. Traffic doesn't get any better until past 10pm, so I don't bother to pass time in BGC anymore. If I want to be home in under 30 minutes I have to leave by about 5pm.

Share you travel time and let's all share the misery of metro traffic. [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    2 hours. One way. Qc to makati cbd. Everyday. Whether I leave at 6am or 730 it's the same crap. And it's the same going back the other way. Regardless of time.

Am stuck in traffic now

My new criteria for cars is changing because of this.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    QC to Makati, average of 1.5 hours in the morning via Araneta Avenue

Makati to QC, average of 2 hours via EDSA in the evening.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    monday:
    15 to 20 mins - home to work

tuesday:
    (a) home to work- 2 hrs and 30 mins more or less
    (b) home to another work- 1 to 2 minutes

wednesday:
    home to work- 3 to 4 minutes

thursday:
    home to work - 8 to 10 mins
    home to another work- 1 to 2 mins

friday:
    home to work - 3 to 4 minutes
    after office hours, work to home- 2 hrs and 30 mins to 3 hours

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    2 hours. One way. Qc to makati cbd. Everyday. Whether I leave at 6am or 730 it's the same crap. And it's the same going back the other way. Regardless of time.

Am stuck in traffic now

My new criteria for cars is changing because of this.
    Is your Jazz your most used vehicle? Easiest to sneak in and out of traffic, cheapest to run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Alabang to Makati. Usually around 45 mins both ways. I usually leave home 7 and get to work before 8. Ive had to leave home earlier ever since gas became cheaper as parking lots get filled up earlier. When I have overtime and get out at around 11pm, I can get home in 20 mins.

However on bad days, it could take me 30-60 mins just to get out of makati and another 30 mins to get home. I would prefer to hang out in the office or a coffee shop whilst waiting for traffic to ease rather than go through it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Dati from pasig to makati 1.5hrs nasa 13km lang yan, now nakalipat sa Parañaque 18km byahe pque-buting-makati 40 mins lang, sobra traffic sa Pasig ang liliit ng kalsada may naka Park pa

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    It seems most of us work in Makati. We should have an eb whenever we're waiting for traffic to subside haha

9. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    live and work in makati. I work mid-shift so it takes me 10 mins or less to go to work. If I need to go to our BGC office, this is when it gets really hard. sometimes 30 mins or more makati > BGC.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Pasig-pasay...normally around 2hrs via c5 either way.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast