New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Lawmaker files bill banning cellphone use while driving

Texting while driving might soon cost you your driver's license.

That is, if the bill criminalizing the use of cellphones while driving is passed into law.

In a press statement, Camarines Sur First District Rep. Rolando Andaya, Jr. said he filed House Bill 3211 because using cellphones while driving is a distraction that can impair a driver's performance and cause accidents.

The proposed Anti-Mobile Communications Devices Use While Driving Act covers drivers of any type of vehicle - kuligligs, tricycles and bulldozers included.

The bill however would still allow drivers to use their phones on speakerphone or with the aid of other hands-free gadgets such as earphones with microphones.

Violators of the proposed bill will face a fine of up to P10,000 and the revocation of their driver's license.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Dito lang sa may EDSA papunta Taft may mga nag aabang na doon na texting while driving.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    And obviously, I'll simply shrug this off because of the futility of implementation.

Implementing laws -- always a fail in the Philippines.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Paano nila makikita naka tint

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#retzing

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

#retzing
    Exactly.

Well, for those na makikita nila coz light ang tint, yun na.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

#retzing
    which leads them to the next bill... i-ban daw ang tint.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    which leads them to the next bill... i-ban daw ang tint.
    Diba meron na bill dati bawal magpa tint sa windshield filed by Tito Sotto I was in HS then, dahil meron nakidnap tapos namatay dahil na aril ng mga pulis eh nasa loob pala yun victim

#retzing

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    marami lang na magpapa-heavy tint dahil dito..

but which activity is more distracting? operating a cellphone while driving, or getting the pamasahe, counting the change, and reaching backward to give the sukli to the pasahero...? all while driving, swerving and stepping on the pedals...

btw, years ago, when cellphones were still rather a novelty, i pulled over to the curb to make a cellphone call. aba! sinagi ako ng brand new adventure on delivery to the casa! hit and run pa. buti na lang, i was able to trace the driver 'cause the factory had a logbook of who drove what to where that night.. pity the innocent buyer of that adventure..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Diba meron na bill dati bawal magpa tint sa windshield filed by Tito Sotto I was in HS then, dahil meron nakidnap tapos namatay dahil na aril ng mga pulis eh nasa loob pala yun victim

#retzing
    Naalala ko yan... Sentra pa nga ata yung kotse. Obobs no? Sagot sa kabobohan ng pulis ay ibawal ang tint?

Parang na-resurrect din ng mga aktibista party list yung sa HID: Bill bans HID headlamps | Manila Bulletin | Latest Breaking News | News Philippines

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Like! I remember one night while driving along osmena highway I was almost hit by a bus who passed me from the right side and cutting my lane. I caught him up on the next traffic light. I found out he was on the phone and when I rolled down my window and tried to engage him, he just ignored me. Sarap barlin ng water gun!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1386306817094.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Lawmaker files bill banning cellphone use while driving