New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    i saw one idiot na nagsi-cellphone while driving his "much more ciento beinte" motorbike at aguinaldo hiway, bacoor. kanda pilipit na leeg sa kakaipit sa cellphone nya (no helmet pa), while his pair of hands is holding on the motorbike handle.

sininenyasan ko, tumitig lang sa akin.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Another endless press release....

Here's one from 2010.

I guess texting and using a cellphone are two very different things.

MMDA backs bill vs texting while driving | News | GMA News Online

MMDA backs bill vs texting while driving
    September 27, 2010 11:52pm

The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) is backing a bill that proposes to penalize texting while driving, its chairman Francis Tolentino said Monday.

"We support that initiative," Tolentino said at a press briefing in Malacañang. "Not only does [texting] distract the driver, it lessens your ability to focus."

The bill was filed by Buhay party-list Rep. Irwin Tieng, who also filed a similar measure in the previous Congress.

Tolentino said even taking calls while driving should be penalized. He said there was an MMDA study in 2007 that said the effects of texting while driving could be "fatal." - Jam L. Sisante/KBK, GMANews.TV

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Both Senate and House already approved the consolidated bill

Did PNoy sign this before he left?

Does anyone have a copy of this law?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    Both Senate and House already approved the consolidated bill

Did PNoy sign this before he left?

Does anyone have a copy of this law?

Can't find anything on this. As far as I could tell, it wasn't signed into law by PNoy, nor did it lapse into law by the end of his term. It hasn't been vetoed either. It was probably deemed inactive and would have to go through the entire legislative process again.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Texting/calling using hands lang bawal?

Kung hands-free call/using CP as navigation device, no problem?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    At least now I have a valid excuse when my wife calls & I don't answer my phone hehe.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    i see good business for tint installers

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The bill actually allows you to use your phone when stopped.

http://www.philstar.com:8080/headlin...d-driving-bill

The measure does not apply to drivers whose vehicles are not in motion or have pulled over to the side of the road. Emergency calls are exempted under the bill.
    By stopped, it doesn't mean a temporary halt such as at a stoplight or during stop-and-go traffic. But if for example you pull over to set up Waze, that's fine.

Speaking of Waze, handsfree use of phones are allowed as long as they don't interfere with the driver's line of sight.

Full details of the bill here:
    https://www.senate.gov.ph/lisdata/1937816507!.pdf

The bill also states that there should be an information campaign upon its effectivity, to be done by the LTO, DOTC, DepEd, PNP, and DILG. So far all we have are social media posts, not even from these official agencies.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Lawmaker files bill banning cellphone use while driving