New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by maytimaws View Post
    Situation:

You are driving 100kph on the fast lane of an expressway. A vehicle in your tail is high beaming on you for you to swerve.

What would you do?
    Give way, do not stay on the innermost lane as much as possible.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ All Day View Post
    But what if you are on the overtaking lane (at 100kph+) and there are cars near/in front of you which are also of almost the same speed (at 100kph+), then there is this stupid moron at your back who keeps on blowing his horn. You also can't swerve to the right because that lane is also busy and occupied by other vehicles.

Naexperience ko to sa SLEX. Busina ng busina ang gago, eh di naman ako makapag accelerate or kumabig sa kanan. Ilang beses sya nag-attempt pero di nya ako maovertake gawa nga ng madami ding cars in front of me, and to my right side. Ginawa ng loko, talagang pinilit na iovertake ako then biglang cut. Ng nasa harapan ko na sya, binagalan ang takbo ng mga 60kph. He maybe waiting for me na ako naman magovertake at, for sure naman, di nya ako pagbibigyan. Gusto lang makaganti, hehehe. Mga 5 to 10 minutes din siguro ganon ang takbo nya, so kalma lang ako sa likod nya hehehe. This time, sya naman binubusinahan at malamang minumura. Ayon, wala din nagawa ang loko kundi di lampasan na lang ako.
    Di ako pumapatol sa mga ganyan sa expressway, give way or push. Mahirap may makadikitang mga ganyan....

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    dont slow down... use your emergency flashers and flash twice to signal that you acknowledge their presence (highbeam flash) and may overtake you to the right since your on the slow lane...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

dont slow down... use your emergency flashers and flash twice to signal that you acknowledge their presence (highbeam flash) and may overtake you to the right since your on the slow lane...
    I don't think I owe them anything. That is why I am on the slow lane(s). When he flashes, it's either he wants me to get out of the way or move faster. I have every right on the slow lane. Sya mali.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I don't think I owe them anything. That is why I am on the slow lane(s). When he flashes, it's either he wants me to get out of the way or move faster. I have every right on the slow lane. Sya mali.
    hindi naman kase porke flinash ka ng highbeam sa slow lane eh ibig sabihin non mabagal ka, the driver on your back might be telling you something is wrong, not necessarily na mabagal ka, maybe he is telling you he/she sees a busted tail light, a flat tire, something sticking out under... kaya flash your emergency lights twice to acknowledge the presence of the vehicle at your back flashing his/her highbeam at you...

by flashing your emergency lights twice, parang sinabi mo ok nakita kita, pero i think nasa tama ako, salamat...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ All Day View Post
    But what if you are on the overtaking lane (at 100kph+) and there are cars near/in front of you which are also of almost the same speed (at 100kph+), then there is this stupid moron at your back who keeps on blowing his horn. You also can't swerve to the right because that lane is also busy and occupied by other vehicles.

Naexperience ko to sa SLEX. Busina ng busina ang gago, eh di naman ako makapag accelerate or kumabig sa kanan. Ilang beses sya nag-attempt pero di nya ako maovertake gawa nga ng madami ding cars in front of me, and to my right side. Ginawa ng loko, talagang pinilit na iovertake ako then biglang cut. Ng nasa harapan ko na sya, binagalan ang takbo ng mga 60kph. He maybe waiting for me na ako naman magovertake at, for sure naman, di nya ako pagbibigyan. Gusto lang makaganti, hehehe. Mga 5 to 10 minutes din siguro ganon ang takbo nya, so kalma lang ako sa likod nya hehehe. This time, sya naman binubusinahan at malamang minumura. Ayon, wala din nagawa ang loko kundi di lampasan na lang ako.
    napaka dali nito, a simple turning on your right signal lane to acknowledge the person behind you that you see him/her and you will merge to the right once clear...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    hindi naman kase porke flinash ka ng highbeam sa slow lane eh ibig sabihin non mabagal ka, the driver on your back might be telling you something is wrong, not necessarily na mabagal ka, maybe he is telling you he/she sees a busted tail light, a flat tire, something sticking out under... kaya flash your emergency lights twice to acknowledge the presence of the vehicle at your back flashing his/her highbeam at you...

by flashing your emergency lights twice, parang sinabi mo ok nakita kita, pero i think nasa tama ako, salamat...
    Noted. I drive the SLEX daily going to Carmona & back or Malvar & back 4x a week. I haven't encountered anyone going at a decent pace behind me flashing his beams at me. The ones who do, most especially during weekends, are those overtaking on the right slow lanes going flat out flashing their beams. You can see them from afar rushing to your rear flashing their lights hoping you'd clear the lane. I'd try what you suggested & see what they'd do.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Noted. I drive the SLEX daily going to Carmona & back or Malvar & back 4x a week. I haven't encountered anyone going at a decent pace behind me flashing his beams at me. The ones who do, most especially during weekends, are those overtaking on the right slow lanes going flat out flashing their beams. You can see them from afar rushing to your rear flashing their lights hoping you'd clear the lane. I'd try what you suggested & see what they'd do.
    On a related note, I encounter more asswipes on the expressways on a weekend during the peak travel time versus when i drive during a weekday or "alangan" hour. I hypothesized before that more of the undisciplined drivers are those who are not regular users of the expressways... kating-kati humataw.

On the Autobahn, I understand that the mentality is that drivers are responsible to see if there is a faster car coming up behind and should move aside as soon as possible.

On a related note, I encounter more asswipes on the expressways on a weekend during the peak travel time versus when i drive during a weekday or "alangan" hour. I hypothesized before that more of the undisciplined drivers are those who are not regular users of the expressways... kating-kati humataw.

On the Autobahn, I understand that the mentality is that drivers are responsible to see if there is a faster car coming up behind and should move aside as soon as possible.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post

Same here. Weekday users are usually courteous, save for a few a-holes. I would suspect the weekend a-holes are those giving their cars the Italian tune-up, driving in convoys or just plainly don't know how to use the expressway.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by maytimaws View Post
    Situation:

You are driving 100kph on the fast lane of an expressway. A vehicle in your tail is high beaming on you for you to swerve.

What would you do?
    If the right most lane is free of cars SLOWER than you then give way. ELSE, stay and wait for a the right most to clear.

Thing is, if you enter the right with cars slower than you are, then chances are you will hit the breaks. SAYANG SA GAS at baka mag cause kapa ng aksidente.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Most of the time, its the shoulder lane thats the fastest moving due to all the lane hoggers hehe

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast