New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Merge to right agad after overtaking lalo na pag may cars sa likod. Wag ka mag brake check parehas disgrasya aabutin nyo at baka ng iba pa.

May nakasabay na ako na suv na naka cruise control ata sa left lane at 100. Ayaw tumabi kahit nag flash na yung isang car sa likod nya at sobrang tutok yung ginagawa nung sa likod. Maluwag sa harapan ko (right nung suv). Ginawa nung isa umovertake sa kanan then cut bigla ayun sa median ang bagsak buti walang barriers na tinamaan.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I really don't mind being flashed in the fast (left) lane & I don't bother to flash slow ones in that lane. I just overtake them. What I really find annoying are those who flash me on the 2 rightmost (slow lanes) going flat out. In those instances, I deliberately slow down but not brake to slow down. Never brake test in any situation.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    May mga matatalino kasi na basta maintained na 100kph it's right to hog the leftmost lane.

Silawin man o businahan mo walang pakelam hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag nasa left "overtaking" lane at ni-flash ng high beam ano ba ibig sabihin nun? e di ba "hey a$$hole you're in the fast lane and you're going slow!" yun lang yun. dapat dun ay bumalik sa right lane kung di naman nago-overtake, kahit na 100kph pa ang takbo dapat bumalik sa right lane. pag ayaw tumabi e alam na, a$$hole nga talaga. pag ako nasa likod nun lane hogger itutok ko pa talaga ang high beam ko sa side mirror para walang kawala.

lalo pa nakakainis yung mga nagho-hog ng right lane tapos sinasabayan yung na nasa left lane. kahit businahan mo na ayaw tumabi o umovertake sana. pag nag-hail mary pass ka naman saka magagalit.
    Last edited by yebo; May 21st, 2015 at 10:02 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    There's no difference in the rules between SLEX and NLEX. Leftmost lane is for overtaking only. Hell, it's even posted on nearly every single overpass on the highway! Whether you're going, 80 km/h, 100 km/h or 120 km/h... if you're done overtaking, pull the eff over and let the traffic behind you through.

-

I don't know why people are so addicted to cruising in the leftmost lane. It's the most dangerous lane there is, for several reasons:

-Trucks on the other side can jump the median, and the barriers will keep you from seeing that out of control truck before it's too late.

-The entire highway behind you is in your blind spot. The portion of the road people most often can't see is in the blind spot of their righthand mirror. Makes it harder to merge in an emergency.

-People will be overtaking you in that blind spot.

-When it rains, water puddles up at the median on the SLEX. Drive on the left lane on the SLEX, and you will sometimes hit puddles at speed... puddles which pull you towards the barrier on the left.

-Construction crews also randomly leave barriers protruding into the road, forcing people to slow down to merge right or sometimes (like the idiot in front of me yesterday afternoon) stop dead in the middle of the expressway because they're too dumb**** to merge before they reach the obstacle.

---

If you're in the middle of an overtake, simply put on your turn signal to let them know you're going to merge right after the overtake, so they don't try to overtake on your right.

And don't merge left again unless you need to overtake. ;)
    Exactly. In the middle lane, your visibility of traffic ahead is much, much better and when there's an emergency situation where you have to maneuver, you can go either left or right.

It's rare that someone highbeams me on the highway and usually it's an very impatient idiot given i drive at a fair speed on the passing lane and stay on the middle lanes as much as possible. When it does happen that someone highbeams me, i signal that i am going back to the middle lane after i pass.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by maytimaws View Post
    Situation:

You are driving 100kph on the fast lane of an expressway. A vehicle in your tail is high beaming on you for you to swerve.

What would you do?
    this is simple, get out of the way and merge to the right... kung gusto niya ma una sa fast lane at sumisignal naman siya by flashing high beam eh ok lang... mas ok kung signal turn siya to the left sabay flash ng high beam...

meron mga di marunong na gusto pala mauna pero nakababad sa highbeam... yan ang masakit sa mata at sa ulo kase di marunong sumignal...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    pag nasa left "overtaking" lane at ni-flash ng high beam ano ba ibig sabihin nun? e di ba "hey a$ you're in the fast lane and you're going slow!" yun lang yun. dapat dun ay bumalik sa right lane kung di naman nago-overtake, kahit na 100kph pa ang takbo dapat bumalik sa right lane. pag ayaw tumabi e alam na, a$ nga talaga. pag ako nasa likod nun lane hogger itutok ko pa talaga ang high beam ko sa side mirror para walang kawala.

lalo pa nakakainis yung mga nagho-hog ng right lane tapos sinasabayan yung na nasa left lane. kahit businahan mo na ayaw tumabi o umovertake sana. pag nag-hail mary pass ka naman saka magagalit.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

pag nasa left "overtaking" lane at ni-flash ng high beam ano ba ibig sabihin nun? e di ba "hey a$ you're in the fast lane and you're going slow!" yun lang yun. dapat dun ay bumalik sa right lane kung di naman nago-overtake, kahit na 100kph pa ang takbo dapat bumalik sa right lane. pag ayaw tumabi e alam na, a$ nga talaga. pag ako nasa likod nun lane hogger itutok ko pa talaga ang high beam ko sa side mirror para walang kawala.

do not tailgate, ikaw talo diyan, beep beep ka till marinig niya, kung matigas talaga ulo eh dumistansya kase wala sa tama pag iisip yan nasa unahan

hog ng right lane tapos sinasabayan ng left lane, tapos pareho speed nila??? bawal yan sa highway... binubusinaan ko yan, kase pano pag may gusto iwasan yong isa eh di pwede kase may katabi siya...

Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    pag nasa left "overtaking" lane at ni-flash ng high beam ano ba ibig sabihin nun? e di ba "hey a$$hole you're in the fast lane and you're going slow!" yun lang yun. dapat dun ay bumalik sa right lane kung di naman nago-overtake, kahit na 100kph pa ang takbo dapat bumalik sa right lane. pag ayaw tumabi e alam na, a$$hole nga talaga. pag ako nasa likod nun lane hogger itutok ko pa talaga ang high beam ko sa side mirror para walang kawala.

do not tailgate, ikaw talo diyan, beep beep ka till marinig niya, kung matigas talaga ulo eh dumistansya kase wala sa tama pag iisip yan nasa unahan

hog ng right lane tapos sinasabayan ng left lane, tapos pareho speed nila??? bawal yan sa highway... binubusinaan ko yan, kase pano pag may gusto iwasan yong isa eh di pwede kase may katabi siya...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I really don't mind being flashed in the fast (left) lane & I don't bother to flash slow ones in that lane. I just overtake them. What I really find annoying are those who flash me on the 2 rightmost (slow lanes) going flat out. In those instances, I deliberately slow down but not brake to slow down. Never brake test in any situation.
    dont slow down... use your emergency flashers and flash twice to signal that you acknowledge their presence (highbeam flash) and may overtake you to the right since your on the slow lane...

Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    dont slow down... use your emergency flashers and flash twice to signal that you acknowledge their presence (highbeam flash) and may overtake you to the right since your on the slow lane...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Tama naman lahat sinabi nyo, move out of the overtaking lane. Meron lang kasi iba pinepersonal ang flash ng headlight. "anong mabagal ako, *sshole ka lang". Yung iba naman self-appointed speed limiter ng highway, "I'm doing max speed, you are trying to break the law kaya di kita papayagan mag overtake." And may iba naman tanga lang talaga, di alam na overtaking lane talaga yun. Like yung officemate ko na doing 60 on overtaking at nakababad, pinag sabihan ko naman nung nagkita kami sa office.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    do not tailgate, ikaw talo diyan, .
    i don't tail gate naman, and i only turn on the high beam pag naka more or less 5 flashes na and 1 busina. also pag free naman sa right lane i don't even bother, i just pass on the right (but wrong) side, sabay kabig sa left na mga 2 meters lang sa harap nya! that usually gets them to move to the right lane after.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast