New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Situation:

You are driving 100kph on the fast lane of an expressway. A vehicle in your tail is high beaming on you for you to swerve.

What would you do?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    ^^^ hard break

pero seriously, sa SLEX magulo ang ruling, hindi tulad ng NLEX na ang left most lane is overtaking lane.

so kadamihan ng tao nasanay na aang left most lane eh fast lane, middle lane eh not so fast lane (80kph) and sa rightmost lane is slow moving vehicles (60kph) - yan ang nakikita kong sign dati. pero obsolete na ito.

kaso, anong gagawin mo sa bagal ng traffic eh pagovetake mo, hindi ka agad makaswerve at may bubuntot sayo na kala mo taeng *** kakaHighbeam sayo.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^^^ hard break

pero seriously, sa SLEX magulo ang ruling, hindi tulad ng NLEX na ang left most lane is overtaking lane.

so kadamihan ng tao nasanay na aang left most lane eh fast lane, middle lane eh not so fast lane (80kph) and sa rightmost lane is slow moving vehicles (60kph) - yan ang nakikita kong sign dati. pero obsolete na ito.

kaso, anong gagawin mo sa bagal ng traffic eh pagovetake mo, hindi ka agad makaswerve at may bubuntot sayo na kala mo taeng *** kakaHighbeam sayo.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by maytimaws View Post
    Situation:

You are driving 100kph on the fast lane of an expressway. A vehicle in your tail is high beaming on you for you to swerve.

What would you do?
    I will give way to the vehicle in my tail.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    go to the right lane and give way, and please stay on the right line. you move to the fast lane only when you want to overtake or you want to move really fast beyond the speed limit. if you dont want someone flashing high beam at you, follow the rule KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO OVERTAKE. else kapag nasa right ka na at may nang-ilaw pa sayo, murahin mo na...lumipad ka g*&go ;)

marami yan sa NLEX, steady moving ng 80-100kph pero nasa fast lane. kahit ilawan mo ayaw tumabi, di mo alam kung nang-aasar lang o baka di niya alam na he need to stay on the right lane...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    I installed Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror and no more annoying glare from headlight of vehicles approaching from behind.
    This work well for me.
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002M7AEA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: CIPA 36100 Wedge Base Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror: Automotive[/ame]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I installed Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror and no more annoying glare from headlight of vehicles approaching from behind.
    This work well for me.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002M7AEA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There's no difference in the rules between SLEX and NLEX. Leftmost lane is for overtaking only. Hell, it's even posted on nearly every single overpass on the highway! Whether you're going, 80 km/h, 100 km/h or 120 km/h... if you're done overtaking, pull the eff over and let the traffic behind you through.

-

I don't know why people are so addicted to cruising in the leftmost lane. It's the most dangerous lane there is, for several reasons:

-Trucks on the other side can jump the median, and the barriers will keep you from seeing that out of control truck before it's too late.

-The entire highway behind you is in your blind spot. The portion of the road people most often can't see is in the blind spot of their righthand mirror. Makes it harder to merge in an emergency.

-People will be overtaking you in that blind spot.

-When it rains, water puddles up at the median on the SLEX. Drive on the left lane on the SLEX, and you will sometimes hit puddles at speed... puddles which pull you towards the barrier on the left.

-Construction crews also randomly leave barriers protruding into the road, forcing people to slow down to merge right or sometimes (like the idiot in front of me yesterday afternoon) stop dead in the middle of the expressway because they're too dumb**** to merge before they reach the obstacle.

---

If you're in the middle of an overtake, simply put on your turn signal to let them know you're going to merge right after the overtake, so they don't try to overtake on your right.

And don't merge left again unless you need to overtake. ;)
    Last edited by niky; May 21st, 2015 at 12:17 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    In NLEX, especially from the stretch of San Fernando to Sta. Rita which is only a 2-lane section with barriers on both sides and a very narrow shoulder, people just love to hug the leftmost lane.

It seems that their rationale is that trucks are in the rightmost lane traveling at 70 kph, while they travel at 80-100. Instead of going back to the rightmost lane after overtaking 1 truck and then just overtaking on the left again as they approach the next truck, they stay on the left lane even if the next truck is several hundred meters away. If a slowpoke at 80 kph occupies the left lane while a slow truck at the right goes at 70, it effectively blocks both lanes, clogging up traffic.
    Last edited by jut703; May 21st, 2015 at 02:26 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Even if I am doing 100 on the leftmost lane, pag na flasher ako, signal right ako tapos lilipat ako sa right lane. Di ako mag swerve.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    last vacation ko, 1st time kong dumaan ng expressway (SLEX), medyo nagulat ako dahil sa abroad, lumilipat kagad sila sa middle lane or kung mapansin ka nila, pagbibigyan ka kagad nila. pero sa pinas kung gusto mo mag-overtake kelagnan mo iwasan yung nasa left most lane balik sa middle lane then punta ulit ng left most lane. nakakainis yung mga mahilig magbabad sa overtaking lane.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Even if I am doing 100 on the leftmost lane, pag na flasher ako, signal right ako tapos lilipat ako sa right lane. Di ako mag swerve.
    yeah I do this too. I forgot once and a highway patrol pulled me over lol. thank goodness some dudes just give warnings.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast