New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    i use the high beam in heavy downpours and in very poor lit streets, but other than that, hindi na. kaya na ng HID
    I learned from a defensive driving seminar that you don't use high beam when driving in heavy downpours coz the crystal rain droplets reflects the light back more directly and the more you couldn't see the road. Just use low beam and reduce your speed.

I already tried this and its true. Since then I use low beam when driving in heavy downpours with my hazard lights on to caution other motorists of my presence. SAFE DRIVING TO ALL!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by XUV-AT2002 View Post
    Bro what is HID? eto ba yun mga super white lights? Di ba violation yan ng road safety standard? eh bakit tolerated ang pag benta at pag tamper sa standard headlight the car? Kanino ba dapat ireport violator? Salamat.
    HID - High Intensity Discharge lighting systems

These produce a super bright (and super white) light. Expensive but out-performs typical halogen bulbs. The problem is headlights must be designed to use HID bulbs, if not, the glare from the HID headlights will be blinding to oncoming traffic.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    yes... hazard lights during heavy rain

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmykel View Post
    yes... hazard lights during heavy rain
    +1

added bonus din kung may rear fog yung car for instances like that

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Tapos ang idadahilan eh super dark tint kasi sila
    Pweh!

Iyan ang talagang dahilan kung bakit naka-high beam ang mga *#$%^&*! na iyan.

Kakainis talaga. Dapat ipagbawal ang super dark tint sa windshield....PEACE sa mga natamaan, pero ito ang totoo.

:starwars:

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Sasakit pa ulo mo kapag yung sumusunod sayo e naka hi-beam. Pauwi na ko last Saturday from Tagaytay gabi na tapos umuulan. Yung sumusunod sakin Pajero. Hindi na ko makatingin sa side and rearview mirrors kase nga naka-hibeam sakit na sa mata sasakit pa ulo mo.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    Sasakit pa ulo mo kapag yung sumusunod sayo e naka hi-beam. Pauwi na ko last Saturday from Tagaytay gabi na tapos umuulan. Yung sumusunod sakin Pajero. Hindi na ko makatingin sa side and rearview mirrors kase nga naka-hibeam sakit na sa mata sasakit pa ulo mo.

Pag ganyan,- slow down na lang and let him pass. (As he is passing you, tignan mo rin kung may tsikot sticker at i-log mo sa Goon Squad .... hehehe )

Some are really that inconsiderate.... PEACE

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by XUV-AT2002 View Post
    Di ba violation yan ng road safety standard? eh bakit tolerated ang pag benta at pag tamper sa standard headlight the car? Kanino ba dapat ireport violator? Salamat.
    Yes I see at least one of every ten vehicles that recklessly uses high beam in city streets, unmindful (or is it reckless) of its effects to others. Perhaps, there should be a law that punishes those who unreasonably uses his headlights.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Iyan ang talagang dahilan kung bakit naka-high beam ang mga *#$%^&*! na iyan.

Kakainis talaga. Dapat ipagbawal ang super dark tint sa windshield....PEACE sa mga natamaan, pero ito ang totoo.

i used to have super dark tint on my old 626's windshield. it is a b!tch to drive, especially in the rain. di naman ako nagsisi, since i really wanted to know how it was coz a friend was telling me it was driveable. out of courtesy to oncoming traffic as well as to the car ahead of me, i resisted the use of high beams. people with the same tint should still do the same. panindigan nila na malinaw ang mata nila without the use of high beams.

now, being wiser, i did not succumb to the super dark itch anymore. hehehe! in city driving, i rarely use my high beams. maybe a flash just to indicate my intention. sometimes, i leave my highbeams on to show an oncoming insensitive SOB that he's blinding me. i get to use them more while in my village, coz i get home late and no one's around.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    typhoon,

pag ganyan, slow down and let him pass then give him a taste of his own medicine :bwahaha:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
High Beam In Night City Traffic?