New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I rarely use High beams kasi nakakasilaw ang SUV kasi mataas.

I only use High beams when:

*Blind Curve,
    *Blind Corner
    *Running at 120Kph++
    *Kapag may nagc-counterflow sa lane ko (sabay horn).
    *Crossing the street na di ko kita yung oncoming (with hazard lights). or on an empty street where a blind drag racer could crash into me.
    *Poorly lit streets na baka may biglang tumawid na tao or animal.

But i see to it na pag may kasalubong, siempre low beam muna kasi naiinis din ako pag sinisilaw ako.

Ang kulang dito sa atin yung pag-gamit ng Hazard lights. A lot of people don't seem to know when it's needed.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    minsan yung ibang driver the un educated ones uses high beam even if its not needed, in practice i use high beam especially on a dead light place however upon seeing a litted headlight i dim my lights as courtesy.

i almost hit a revo last month, i was driving fairly at 60-70kph at mac arthur hiway, from tarlac going to luisita, across me was a vehicle who beams his glaring light, i didnt notice that a revo was crossing in front of me, good thing i slowed down and was able to hit the brake

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Actually, mas naiinis ako dun sa mga hindi gumagamit ng lights! may mga kotse na rin ngayon na nagpp-patay ng headlight sa gabi, as in kahit parklight wala!

ano bang kabobohan ito?? iLang beses na ako muntik makabangga ng dahil sa mga ungas na yan buti malinaw mata ko eh paano na lang yung mga matanda na? (40 and above) na medyo malabo na ang mata?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I never use my high beam in city driving, except for those valid reasons posted above...and then some - when teaching high beamers some lessons. Hate it when someone directly behind me has his high beam on. I'd slow down, get behind him and give him 5 seconds worth of his own medicine, then overtake na ko. Normally, pagkatapos nun, patay na high beam nila.

Unnecessary high beam gets you the finger...di ba doc otep?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    One is not supposed to use high beams in the city. The high beams are meant to be used when no vehicle is in front of you for a very good distance (same direction or not) and when/where street lighting/visibility is scarce.

Do not, ever, use high beams during foggy situations. I've tried it, ako yung nasilaw. It's true, the light bounces back onto the driver's eyes and one cannot see. Fog lamps are made for a reason, use them during foggy drives.

When driving towards or passing blind spots, I flash my lights. A flashing light is better recognized than an intense light, because of the movement. That is also the reason why some new vehicles are adapting flashing brake lights for the first 5 seconds to catch the attention of the vehicles behind. It has been proven to minimize reaction time.

You must realize that when using high beams, the foreground is not illuminated as much. If you notice the cut off ng low beams, the high beams illuminate the area above that cutoff. Keep this in mind when switching to high beams, especially those with overwattage bulbs. Nakakasilaw na nga, tutok pa sa mata (eyelevel when driving).

Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    eh paano na lang yung mga matanda na? (40 and above) na medyo malabo na ang mata?
    That is why there should be an honest renewal of one's license, so one can prove that one can still drive despite the handicap (use of glasses, for example). If you honestly think na hindi na kaya ng mata mo, stop driving or wear glasses to compensate, if you still want to drive safely.
    Last edited by mbeige; December 15th, 2006 at 04:36 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    eh paano na lang yung mga matanda na? (40 and above) na medyo malabo na ang mata?
    ouch!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I hardly ever use more than the foglights if the streetlights are strong enough. I switch on my low beams when I get out on the highway, or to a dark area, and then my high beams if I'm driving quickly and there's no one else around.

Common courtesy. If I'm following someone, I don't even turn my low-beams on. Of course, if someone's been following me for more than ten minutes with their high-beams on, I let them pass...

Then return the favor. But my lights aren't strong enough to piss people off... been thinking about upgrading to a roof rail with about 4 Hella lights... should work, right? :hihihi:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would complain more about those people who have upgraded their cars or SUVs with HID systems. Some of them are so unmindful of the blinding glare the HID causes to oncoming traffic.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I would complain more about those people who have upgraded their cars or SUVs with HID systems. Some of them are so unmindful of the blinding glare the HID causes to oncoming traffic.
    Tapos ang idadahilan eh super dark tint kasi sila or dahil 'nasanay' na sila sa 'buga' ng HID.

Pweh!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Bro what is HID? eto ba yun mga super white lights? Di ba violation yan ng road safety standard? eh bakit tolerated ang pag benta at pag tamper sa standard headlight the car? Kanino ba dapat ireport violator? Salamat.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
High Beam In Night City Traffic?