New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Well, kakaexperience ko lang kanina hehe and it was so dangerous!

Dito kasi sa Davao ang daming bagong traffic lights with CCTV narin (actually hindi pa tapos ang iba and yung iba naman its not functional pa "flashing red light" lang) and computerized na ito.

ang nangyari kasi kanina nasa isang intersection ako. the left arrow was green (lumiko yung nasa kaliwang lane), as it turned orange, the green light popped (yung pa diretso na lane), syempre dumiretso ako, to my surprise, the traffic from the left is going! i checked the traffic light, it was indeed GREEN, but when i looked at my right side, it is red (but i saw it turning green din kasabay ng gitna). diba kasi usually tatlo yan, the center traffic light is green! while the side is red!!!

this is the first time ive experienced a malfunctioning traffic light.
    Last edited by suysuy; October 1st, 2010 at 02:02 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    yes, i've experienced quite a few in metro manila.
    once or twice, the cycle period was so fast, no one could cross...
    but the most common, i think, is busted lamps. the poor motorists had to guess. once, the traffic aide tried to arrest me for crossing the red light. i countered, "what red light? your red light is busted! as a result, i was forced to guess!". i told them it's not our fault as the traffic light was defective. i told them they should stand in the middle of the street instead, to control the baffled motorists..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    If it's about downed traffic lights, lots especially after a typhoon's aftermath, blinking yellow light na yan.

As for malfunctioning traffic lights, literally, none so far. I have some quirks about insanely fast traffic lights one time wherein only 2-3 cars can get in from green to red but that's about it *cough* Roxas corner Quirino

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Nope, never. But busted traffic lights ? Yep. Countless times.

I had to guess whether the other sides are going to accelerate or not. Dangerous, yes, mostly there are no TE's around to fix the traffic.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    not really sure if it's malfunctioning, but quite a few traffic lights in Global City Fort Boni have "waiting time" or lag. There will be a time wherein all lights from all sides are red for about 5 seconds.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    busted lights countless times narin. but thats ok kasi sa experience ko meron nama din ilaw sa side kasi usually ang nabubusted yung main ilaw sa gitna hehe, so makikita mo pa rin kung go or stop,

naka experience narin ako once, wherein nag skip yung traffic light twice sa amin, hindi bumigay ng green. red parin, haha, sabi nila meron daw sensors sa ilalim ng lupa wherein dinedetect kung meron sasakyan or wala. nagkataon tatlong motor ang nasa unahan eh. di ko lang rin alam kung totoo ngang may sensors. totoo nga ba? if yes meaning hindi siya malfunction. na misdetect lang siguro

Have You Ever Experienced A Malfunctioning Traffic Light?