New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Is that the green form obtainable from USAA?
    Yup that's the form.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Yup that's the form.
    Thanks.....

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    everything pretty much has been covered. i just want to add not to take the actual exam at the DMVs located in big cities. things like parallel parking aren't included in the test if you take it at a small town. also, go to the DMV where you'll be taking the test and follow (not stalk ) the test cars. this will give you an idea where the test routes are, which will help you on your preparation. good luck!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by just4u View Post
    sir CVT, we've stayed at Fremont, CA... my husband didn't pass the actual test because of this... paglabas sa DMV, di niya napansin na may signage so kahit na clear iyong lane pero the light was red, he proceeded to turn right, mali pa rin siya... so before his second test, he familiarized himself sa area... okay naman na...

fast69: di na yata puwede ngayon unless may SS number ka...
    Thanks for the info., I'll be watching out for this next time....

Yes, SS number is required for driver's license in CA since about a decade ago.....

2201:attack:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    mga sir, ehh pano ang procedure ng pagkuha ng CA license kung meron ka nang out of state license? may roadtest pa ba?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JiggeR671 View Post
    mga sir, ehh pano ang procedure ng pagkuha ng CA license kung meron ka nang out of state license? may roadtest pa ba?
    Just a written test then if you pass submit your out of state license.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    why don't they want the ss cards unlaminated anyway? what's wrong if you laminate it???

*redorange :
    how do they check if you have a DL?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Just a written test then if you pass submit your out of state license.
    Hmmm. I didn't know that. I thought you could exchange your out of state license for a CA one. Just pay the fees. That's assuming you plan on becoming a CA resident.

***Never mind. You're right based on the CA DMV website.***
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 20th, 2007 at 07:08 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    everything has been pretty much mentioned, but i'd like to add one important thing. as soon as you get in the car when you take your actual driving exam, first thing you must do is to buckle up. do not insert the car key or start the car unless your seatbelt is buckled up. pag pinoy ang magbibigay ng test, automatic fail ka na. yung ibang lahi magde-deduct lang ng points.

isa pa pala, when parallel parking avoid touching the curb. this is an automatic F.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *mau:: miss na kita gurl... officemate ko kapatid mo...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Getting a California Driver's License