New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Good day tsikoteers! I just wanted to ask what is the meaning when cars turn on their fog lamps, or their LED strip lights even on day, most are luxury and sport cars, but some are not. I wonder why they do that. And for what?

I'm just really curious.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I think there are cars na talagang naka-on yung lights automatically especially for some luxury cars. Safety feature daw AFAIK.

sa ibang bansa requirement ang DAY-TIME RUNNING LAMPS.. para madali mapansin ka ng kasabay mo sa daan, pansinin mo bakit most new motorcyclys lagi buhay ilaw, para madali mapansin

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    DRL - Daytime Running Lights.

It's a safety feature.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The fogs are just driving lights. Lesser wattage, and are normally used to be seen and not used to see (ie. fogs).

I was thinking about converting my fogs to driving lights because there's no fog in the metro, and the light output of fogs doesn't make much of a contribution to visibility - at least this way it may help the blind jeep/taxi/bus/tricycle drivers during the day.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    mazzipino : this might help ...

- DRL's on a nav.

About 5-7 led's per side would do. ;)

There's a seller in sulit which sells DRL's. Not sure how much.

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...nning+Light%29

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    IMO, I feel that DRL in Metro Manila setting is just additional light pollution (read: glare). We're in a tropical country and we seldom get inclement weather that would warrant any light to be turned on all the time. If we do get poor visibility, a quick flick of the parklight switch or low-beam headlights is all that's necessary to become visible, both front and rear.

I guess many drivers want it only because of its inherent uniqueness and exclusivity, especially in a country where DRLs aren't the norm.

There's a whole site on drivers lobbying against it. Their reasons seems logical and well-founded. http://www.lightsout.org/ .. if you have the time.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    DRL binubuksan lang yan kapag pasikat pa lang ang araw at palubog na....

Kapag medyo makulimlim ang kalangitan...

Kapag tirik ang araw at nakabukas yan, pangporma na lang ng drivers....

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by desert fox View Post
    DRL binubuksan lang yan kapag pasikat pa lang ang araw at palubog na....

Kapag medyo makulimlim ang kalangitan...

Kapag tirik ang araw at nakabukas yan, pangporma na lang ng drivers....
    I would remove Audi from your last statement since on their new models, DRL comes with the car package.

But if it were to be placed as an aftermarket add-on, I agree with oj ... a quick flick of the park lights would do.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    I would remove Audi from your last statement since on their new models, DRL comes with the car package.

But if it were to be placed as an aftermarket add-on, I agree with oj ... a quick flick of the park lights would do.
    Audi pa....kahit wala na DRL....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Fog lights turned-ON even on day.