New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Hi to all forumers

Issue: . The interval of yellow light is like just one second or less (traffic light has no timer) (Green to red is unreasonable fast)

Safety issue: It gives no time for the driver to react correspondingly

Is there a proper way to appeal to increase the duration of yellow light in traffic lights
    or a Philippine law or traffic advisory about this one to protect us drivers

In Paranaque there is a no contact apprehension in which a hefty sum of 3000 pesos fine for passing red lights however the specific traffic lights have no timer and yellow light is around 1 second.

In my opinion this is unreasonable and im looking ways on how to address it.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Icis View Post
    Hi to all forumers

Issue: . The interval of yellow light is like just one second or less (traffic light has no timer) (Green to red is unreasonable fast)

Is there a proper way to appeal to increase the duration of yellow light in traffic lights

In Paranaque there is a no contact apprehension in which a hefty sum of 3000 pesos fine for passing red lights however the specific traffic lights have no timer and yellow light is around 1 second.

i agree.
    i was victimized by one such.
    "ser, red light violation po."
    my front wheels had just crossed the yellow lane, when the light turned yellow. it was red when i reached the other side. had i braked, i would have stopped in the middle of the intersection.
    "kasi naman bossing, lapad lapad ng highway ninyo, napaka-bilis magpalit ang orange light ninyo. alam mo naman yan, dahil marami kang nasisita, 'di ba?"
    "kayo kasi. ayaw ninyong mag slow down..."
    "pano ako mag slow down? highway ito. eh, 'di na-bangga ako sa likod. dapat ay kayo mag-adjust ng orange light timer ninyo. habaan ninyo."
    pina-alis ako.

i made some calculations.
    if i had to safely cross the width of the intersection, during the short yellow light interval, i'd have to be traveling at least 60 kph.

sana naman, lagyan nila ng countdown timer.

i did notice, a short few weeks afterward, the TEs had dis-appeared from that intersection.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 31st, 2019 at 01:13 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Icis View Post
    Hi to all forumers

The Paranaque City government is wily and sneaky in implementing this no-contact apprehension....

No public announcement whatsoever to warn/educate the motorists... Plus the way the traffic lights are, as you have described, in their intersections.... Pathetic.