New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I was on Banawe corner Retiro having lunch earlier when the rain started pouring buckets. The water rose within a span of minutes and refused to go down. A jeepney parked about 20 metres away from where I parked got submerged with only its roof above the water. A raft was ferrying people across.

Just after the first downpour. (There were consecutive ones.)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    A friend's car suddenly got submerged in Sampaloc, Manila. Cars aren't safe anymore if the area's flood prone.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005

sa Tasty yan

ya grabe kanina bilis tumaas ang tubig

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Standard na yan sa banawe. We're used to it kaya kung rainy season, we stay away from the area.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Ah, talagang mababa yun area na yan. It's common knowledge to stay away from Biak na Bato and the corner of Banawe and N.S. Amoranto if you frequent the area. Especially yun N.S. Amoranto na yan Let me try to get some pictures from my archive during the Habagat Days.... photos are courtesy of their respective owners (some of them from friends, some of them are from strangers)

Shell Araneta Avenue

Banawe

Banawe corner N.S. Amoranto

Meanwhile in Abad Santos.... :insomnia:

Last edited by jhnkvn; August 4th, 2013 at 01:38 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    question: if matanggal na completely yung mga squatter sa mga estero na biggest contributor sa nagtatapon ng basura sa ma daluyan ng tubig at kanal. mawawala na ba completely yung pagbaha or mababwasan lang yung lalim?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 170kphlang View Post
    question: if matanggal na completely yung mga squatter sa mga estero na biggest contributor sa nagtatapon ng basura sa ma daluyan ng tubig at kanal. mawawala na ba completely yung pagbaha or mababwasan lang yung lalim?
    Irrelevant. We know it won't happen. I'd rather bet my chance of winning the grand lotto twice..

But yes, it'll be significantly reduced if what I read is right. However, poor urban planning has also its roots in the flooding problem of our city.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; August 4th, 2013 at 02:15 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post

Nakow, delikado pala mag pa karga ng gasolina dito

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the san juan river (the one that crosses quezon avenue beside the mitsubishi dealership) is so silted and full of garbage that it is no longer capable of draining the area. more so than garbage, squatters (BOTH THE POOR AND THE RICH) have encrouched on the river and its width is no longer what it used to be. buti pa nga yung squater na mahirap poste lang na 2x3 yung nakatusok sa ilog, yung squater na mayaman tinambakaan na at nilagyan ng rip rap.

same din sa tributaries ng san juan river, upstream are the mariblo, talayaan and culiat creeks. silted and full of garbage so much that the river bed is only 1 foot above the road in some places. like at the bridge at del monte avenue, yung side streets dun ambon lang baha na.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    Nakow, delikado pala mag pa karga ng gasolina dito

yup, avoid all gas stations along low areas of araneta, san francisco del monte and roosevelt avenues. bahain mga yun. nagkarga ako minsan ng gasoline (when i still had my lancer) at shell roosevelt, e katatapos lang ng baha. ayun tirik ako when i reached congressional. puno ng water yung filter, and when we drained the fuel tank there was almost 5 liters of dirty water inside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast