New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    safety is always first! then do defensive driving, always! know road rules well. stay calm and assertive (teka, kay cesar millan yun ah...) keep your cool all the time.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    practice lang yan. kung di ka magprapractice di ka masasanay.

just some pointers para sa new drivers:

1. avoid distractions while driving. no noisy passengers, no talking to passengers, no cell phone. kung pwede nga no radio/music in the car na din. yang stereo ang isa sa main causes ng accidents sa new drivers. they adjust the stereo settings, change the station, load a cd, plug the usb drive... brraaaagg! bangga na. tendency kasi ng new driver is to look at the hu while adjusting it and then forget the road. if you really need some music in the car then set it before you drive then leave it be. pag sanay ka na then ok, pero habang bagito pa stop ka muna bago kumalabit sa stereo.

2. keep your eyes moving - far, near, left, right. this makes you more aware of the road. and don't just depend on the side mirrors. "side mirrors" are a misnomer, you don't really see what is on the side of your vehicle. there is a big blind spot between what you see in the side mirror and what is beside your vehicle. SO LOOK, TURN YOUR HEAD AND CHECK WHAT IS BESIDE YOU (saglit lang ha baka sa harap ka naman mabangga). many drivers just look at the side mirror then make a turn, and before they know it they had already crashed on the side of another vehicle or killed somebody riding a bike or motorcycle.

3. learn to anticipate what other drivers will do. remember not everyone knows or remembers to signal before they make a turn, like you. so if a vehicle slows down before an intersection, even without signaling, you can assume that vehicle will be making a turn.

4. relax. bawasan mo muna ang kape. and don't drive angry. or in any high emotional state. driving demands attention and good judgement so you do not really want to be behind the wheel when you are not in a condition to make them.

5. at kahit anong pilit ng tropa, please don't drink and drive. it is not only illegal, it kills. and this applies not only now but for as long as you have a driver's license.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Babae ka ba TS? I think you have same situation my wife had. She started driving walang alam talaqa sa car, pati nga signal light di nya alam kung bakit nagbiblink, she didnt even know how to ride a bike, tumitili sya sa bike pa lang, isipin mo kung kotse pa.

nung nag driving school sya for manual driving, natapos sya di pa rin sya ganun kalakas ang loob magdrive. ginawa ko sinasabayan ko sya papasok ng office nya and pauwi, alalay lang ako, after one week kaya na nya pumasok sa office magisa.

if you have time and place practice ka muna sa inyo, one of my officemate practiced with monoblock chairs, he will set it up na masikip ang pagitan ng monoblock at susubukan nyang lumusot dito. also he will stop sa tapat ng monoblock, para matantya nya at makabisado ang harap nya, same sa likod.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    praktis lang yan ... araw-arawin ang pag-drive so that your confidence builds up without interruption

within months you will have enough confidence ... and years later you will realize that you are driving without even thinking about driving! i mean, the car becomes just an extension of your body, all your motions controlling the car comes automatically, and you'd feel like you are just walking on the street while cruising edsa at 60kph!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Wag lang maaksidente agad at baka trauma abutin nyan :D

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    kung my mahihiraman kang lumang owner type jeep yun mahirap pa idrive yun pagpraktisan mo hehehe wife ko tiruan ko sa multicab na matigas ang steering hirap pa yun kambyo ayun natuto naman hehehe

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    *valacirca: no offense meant, guy or lady?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    sabi nga nila "practice makes perfect", it will build your confidence. at pag nasanay ka na, magiging kaskasero ka na din

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    share ko lang...
    during my first day sa driving school the instructor told me to drive without giving any further instructions, basic lang, wipers, signal lights, brakes and pedals.. automatic kasi. anyway, for me it was stress kasi i havent driven a car more that an hour.. and that was 10 years ago! pinabayaan nya ako, all i heard from him is "slow down", "stop" and "check your mirrors". then to my surprise pa exit na kami sa slex.. we drove from carmona to alabang via slex. it was raining hard with poor visibility. i said to myself, this is the worst instructor kasi papatayin nya ata kami! we made it to alabang exit, paid the toll then nagpa gas.. not to mention the heavy traffic. nung naka hinto kami sabi nya.. "nagulat ka ba? napasabak ka agad no?! ganyan talaga para matanggal agad ang kaba!" belive me after that, next sessions ko sa driving eh wala na ako naramdaman na fear.. i almost enjoyed every lesson. i still have alot to learn.. pero sabi nga nila you need to be out there to experience it. sabi pa sakin na you need to learn the skill muna, speed will com next. always drive at a speed na kaya mo icontroll. faster means harder to control.. and i felt that sa slex. pinakamabilis ko so far is 100.. i can feel the steering wheel move on its own!
    my driving lessons are finished now. ngaun kinakabisa ko na yung car na ddrive ko. i always drive with a licensed driver at my side.. para if i need assistance eh ma guide ako. i was able to drive my family with a licnesed driver on my side sa moa and alabang.. i even parked on my own! hehe.. pero sabi nga nung isa kong instuctor, "mahirap turuan ang student na kabado pa..." so i guess once you overcome fear... then your ready for the next level in driving.
    be safe and enjoy

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast