Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Magkano yung penalty?
    Php5,100

2. Join Date
    May 2016
    For everyone here, just sharing official info from LTO's site:

http://lto.gov.ph/services/drivers-l...nderageDrivers

Basically Memorandum AHS-2008-1072 ammends an old 1982 one that says licenses must be suspended. Haven't tried this myself but will try tomorrow.

3. Join Date
    May 2016
    So this still works. To further help others get their licenses straight:

1. Bring the following:
    a. Your NSO certified Birth Certificate + 3 xerox of these. (there's a notary/xerox place just outside the LTO compound)
    b. An additional ID if needed.
    c. An Affidavit of Discrepancy stating the incorrect information found. (there's a notary/xerox place just outside the LTO compound). 3 copies of these.
    d. Filled out Driver's License Application Form.
    e. EDIT: Also money. 5100 for the penalty. Extra 150-200 for the Affidavit. Extra 50 for xerox.
    2. Go to LTO Main Office (chapel in the middle) and just say for Underage. They'll tell you who to look for.
    3. You'll be given the option of paying the penalty or having your license confiscated and suspended. If you choose the 2nd, you can probably go home now.
    4. You'll be told to pay at the cashier downstairs.
    5. Get the receipt xeroxed. 3 copies. Then go back to the cashier and have them stamped certified.
    6. Go back with all documents copies.

After 7 days, their records will be fixed. Then you can go renew it with the new license number. Make sure you have the receipt that you paid the penalty when renewing.

If you're going by car, good luck with parking as there are not much.

4. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLapper View Post

1. Bring the following:
    a. Your NSO certified Birth Certificate + 3 xerox of these. (there's a notary/xerox place just outside the LTO compound)
    c. An Affidavit of Discrepancy stating the incorrect information found. (there's a notary/xerox place just outside the LTO compound). 3 copies of these.
    e. EDIT: Also money. 5100 for the penalty. Extra 150-200 for the Affidavit. Extra 50 for xerox.
    2. Go to LTO Main Office (chapel in the middle) and just say for Underage. They'll tell you who to look for.
    3. You'll be given the option of paying the penalty or having your license confiscated and suspended. If you choose the 2nd, you can probably go home now.
    5. Get the receipt xeroxed. 3 copies. Then go back to the cashier and have them stamped certified.

After 7 days, their records will be fixed. Then you can go renew it with the new license number. Make sure you have the receipt that you paid the penalty when renewing.

I am going to try it later this week! wish me luck!
    Guys.. Kindly let me know if there is anything else i need to be aware of before going to LTO Main ( this is in East Ave?)

thanks

5. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito Quick View Post
    I am going to try it later this week! wish me luck!
    Guys.. Kindly let me know if there is anything else i need to be aware of before going to LTO Main ( this is in East Ave?)

thanks
    Hi Tito Quick! Yes LTO Main is in East Ave.

Google Maps

I recommend printing out the memorandum (link in my first post) and keeping a copy with you just in case. But generally, it's the legal method and they won't hassle you about it. Their cashier's board of fees even includes UNDERAGE at the top of the board in plain view.

Good luck!
    Last edited by LarryLapper; May 26th, 2016 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Added Google Maps link.

6. Join Date
    May 2016
    Hi Tito Quick! Yes LTO Main is in East Ave.

Google Maps

I recommend printing out the memorandum (link in my first post) and keeping a copy with you just in case. But generally, it's the legal method and they won't hassle you about it. Their cashier's board of fees even includes UNDERAGE at the top of the board in plain view.

Good luck!

Hi Larry! Thank you very much!
    It worked!! now i am just waiting for the system update. then i can have my license renewed this week with my correct birth date.
    before I went there, I just prepared copies of the affidavit of discrepancy, birth certificates, penalty amount, i.D. and all done within an hour. mas matagal pa ang traffic na binuno ko sa edsa pauwi sa bahay.

Ms Malou Gaspi is still very accommodating and really friendly...

7. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito Quick View Post
    Hi Larry! Thank you very much!
    It worked!! now i am just waiting for the system update. then i can have my license renewed this week with my correct birth date.
    before I went there, I just prepared copies of the affidavit of discrepancy, birth certificates, penalty amount, i.D. and all done within an hour. mas matagal pa ang traffic na binuno ko sa edsa pauwi sa bahay.

Ms Malou Gaspi is still very accommodating and really friendly...
    Sir how much did you pay for the penalty? around P 5,000? Were you also underage when you first got your license?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Good thing I chanced upon this thread. Back when I was in high school, my father had this bright idea of adding 3 years to my age so I could get a licence already. Since I'll be renewing my licence this September, I'm thinking of correcting my date of birth as well para isang puntahan na lang.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2017

1. Bring the following:

Pwede rin ba ito na process sa mga Provincial/Districts na LTO offices for example General Santos, Davao or Cotabato Offices?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Sorry to bring this old thread up.

Hingi lang po sana ako ng tulong, kung still in effect pa rin yung 5000 na penalty at kung sino po pwede hanapin sa LTO Main. Gusto ko na po sana ipaayos yung license ko, 17 years na rin sya mali yung date of birth. willing to pay the fine dahil may fault din naman ako at hindi ko agad napaayos noong legal age na ako.

Faked Date of Birth on my Driver's License