New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    My cousin bought her car last year and up to now the license plates aren't available. The dealer-supplied conduction "plates" that were crudely handwritten using marking pen are starting to fade. My cousin refuses to get replacement prints from National Bookstore or Blade for 2 reasons: 1. They're more expensive than what she paid for for the official LTO plates. 2. It's the LTO's fault that the official plates are still not available so why should she shell out additional payment for a replacement conduction plate. Question: is there a penalty for driving around with barely readable conduction plates? Would appreciate the inputs from the traffic and law experts.

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nahuli na missis ko sa city of manila pero nadaan sa pa-cute. ningas cogon naman yung drive against missing/broken/non legible conduction plates.

don't go buy from blade, mahal dun. try olx, i got our metal conduction plates from a seller there for p600.

or why not get a marker pen and make the old plate legible again?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Punit na rin daw yung conduction plates at madungis na raw. I think my cousin is just expressing a form of protest against an inefficient LTO. So kahit P500/pair ang replacement sa National, Glorietta, ayaw niyang bumili dahil mas mahal pa sa P450 na binayad niya sa LTO. Sa bagay, I can sympathize with her and would most likely do the same thing if I were in her place.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    Punit na rin daw yung conduction plates at madungis na raw. I think my cousin is just expressing a form of protest against an inefficient LTO. So kahit P500/pair ang replacement sa National, Glorietta, ayaw niyang bumili dahil mas mahal pa sa P450 na binayad niya sa LTO. Sa bagay, I can sympathize with her and would most likely do the same thing if I were in her place.

Same reason why i refuse to place my own conduction plate. I print out new lettering though, and just stick it on the existing plastic plate.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Decades ago, my dad was apprehended for sporting non-standard plates, custom made after Singapore style. Di pa uso yung Euro backplates noon. To think that now we have to print our own, lol.

Besides Blade and National Bookstore and OLX, where else can we get good source, I want to get JDM style?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    With some no plates cars approaching third year, can you register your car using your conduction sticker? Will LTO issue you a sticker?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kulangot View Post
    Decades ago, my dad was apprehended for sporting non-standard plates, custom made after Singapore style. Di pa uso yung Euro backplates noon. To think that now we have to print our own, lol.

Besides Blade and National Bookstore and OLX, where else can we get good source, I want to get JDM style?
    One of our friends said that if you enter "conduction plates" or "conduction sticker" on Facebook search, a few businesses will turn up. Of course my cousin who had already made up her mind about the matter didn't bother to check. I haven't either but you might want to give it a try. [emoji4]

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    My cousin bought her car last year and up to now the license plates aren't available. The dealer-supplied conduction "plates" that were crudely handwritten using marking pen are starting to fade. My cousin refuses to get replacement prints from National Bookstore or Blade for 2 reasons: 1. They're more expensive than what she paid for for the official LTO plates. 2. It's the LTO's fault that the official plates are still not available so why should she shell out additional payment for a replacement conduction plate. Question: is there a penalty for driving around with barely readable conduction plates? Would appreciate the inputs from the traffic and law experts.

have you heard of the phrase, "courting disaster" ?
    well, your cousin is.
    come on! re-touch it already!
    yes, it's the LTO's fault. but you can not pass on the inconvenience of getting flagged down, to the LTO.
    so, is there a penalty for driving around with barely-readable conduction plates? yespo. it's called "flagged down".

them dealer-supplied plates are not LTO plates. as such, you can retouch them as often as you like.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Someone posted this here somewhere. No need to make a temporary plate. Just don't wash your car, & you can write your conduction number!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    have you heard of the phrase, "courting disaster" ?
    well, your cousin is.
    come on! re-touch it already!
    yes, it's the LTO's fault. but you can not pass on the inconvenience of getting flagged down, to the LTO.
    so, is there a penalty for driving around with barely-readable conduction plates? yespo. it's called "flagged down".

them dealer-supplied plates are not LTO plates. as such, you can retouch them as often as you like.
    Yup. Told her not to risk it just the same. The price of a marking pen is way cheaper than the hassle of being flagged down and having to engage a traffic enforcer in a long winded debate. In cases like these, righteous indignation just has to be set aside in favor of some common sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast