New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do you agree with "carless Sundays"at Emerald Ave in Ortigas Center?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I agree with the idea

6 42.86%
  • No, I oppose the idea.

5 35.71%
  • I have no opinion / undecided

3 21.43%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

NOTICE: Emerald Avenue in Ortigas Center will be Carless from 6:00am-12:00nn on Sundays starting June 3 2012.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Do you agree or dis-agree with this move for Ortigas Center?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i like it. less pollution, less traffic and it's better for your health. i wish they do this at edsa on a weekday once a week, if you want to pass by edsa with your car you have to pay a fine.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx
    i like it. less pollution, less traffic and it's better for your health. i wish they do this at edsa on a weekday once a week, if you want to pass by edsa with your car you have to pay a fine.
    Seriously? Lol!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Token attempt. What would happen is that the cars that would have passed by Emerald will take the long way around, hence burning more fuel and causing more traffic. My 2 cents.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    environmental terrorism... ooops! i mean activism... environmental activism is on the rise

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here's the irony.

Every Sunday between 6am and 12noon, people will be bringing their (expensive) bikes using their cars and will be parking on the roads around and parallel to Emerald Avenue to taken advantage of the "clean" air.

Gimmick.

I say no.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hey they gotta have an occasion to show off those P250K+ mountain bikes diba?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Can we implement something similar to this to a lot of Metro Manila's roads, except that it only targets PUVs?

Virtually impossible considering how politicians are slaves to the indiots, but I can wish, can I?

---

So biking is the new 'running'?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Here's the irony.

Every Sunday between 6am and 12noon, people will be bringing their (expensive) bikes using their cars and will be parking on the roads around and parallel to Emerald Avenue to taken advantage of the "clean" air.

Gimmick.

I say no.
    And since it's a Sunday, they will also bring their gas guzzling weekend showcar or family car to haul their bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    hey they gotta have an occasion to show off those P250K+ mountain bikes diba?
    Yeah... you might scratch it out on those real mountains kasi. At least on Emerald Ave. you can't dirty em up and you can hang out at the Starbucks there :D

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Emerald Avenue "carless" every Sunday starting June 3 2012