New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    To those who recently got the new e-pass tag at PHP 999.00. Was it easy for you to get your account number? I tried applying online because the website said free delivery within Metro Manila. Had a hard time with the payment part so I gave up on the online option and bought my tag over the counter at the Bicutan office. They told me to call customer service after 24 hrs to activate the tag and secure an account no. Sounds simple right? Not until you call their not-so-hot hotline.

There is no voice prompt that says "To activate your tag, pres..." So you press zero to speak to a customer care rep. In comes elevator music and you wait. And wait. And wait. If you're using a cellphone, don't. Unless you want to finish off your load or get charged for a call that never got you results. Better use a speakerphone so you can go on with other chores while the elevator music "entertains" you. If you have the luxury of a secretary or alalay, leave it to her (or him).

Anyway, after 2 loooong tries, I gave up. The looped music was just too loopy, it was driving me insane. I just might go back to Bicutan and get my account no. over the counter. It might be faster than waiting on the phone. Just wanted to share and find out if others had better luck or if there are other work-arounds to get an account no. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    999 na ba new price sir? Last month kasi nag inquire ako 1799 daw.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by radz15 View Post
    999 na ba new price sir? Last month kasi nag inquire ako 1799 daw.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    nag sale sila....

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Masanay ka na sa hotline, sir. Kung may sasagot man sa yo, call center agent na ang sasabihin, pre-recorded din!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    I got through after 14 minutes of waiting on the speakerphone. Kinuha lang yung tag number and details. Then at the end of the call, I was told to follow-up to get the account number after 2 days.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    From experience try calling them at around 7-8am

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Who here tried activating by email?
    I tried, they are asking for an "AR recite"
    Whats that?

this is the email
    epass.png

8. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Who here tried activating by email?
    I tried, they are asking for an "AR recite"
    Whats that?

this is the email
    Akala ko kung anong kailangan mo i-recite. I think they meant the "Acknowledgement Receipt".
    Better to call their hotline, sabi ko sa agent I did not get one from Shell, but she processed my activation anyway.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    To those who recently got the new e-pass tag at PHP 999.00. Was it easy for you to get your account number? I tried applying online because the website said free delivery within Metro Manila. Had a hard time with the payment part so I gave up on the online option and bought my tag over the counter at the Bicutan office. They told me to call customer service after 24 hrs to activate the tag and secure an account no. Sounds simple right? Not until you call their not-so-hot hotline.
    Curious ako bakit kaya nagkaganyan case mo Sir... Nag inquire kasi ako sa hotline nila yesterday around 5 PM. Ang suggestion sa akin ng CSR is to go to the Bicutan office para within the day daw ma activate na agad yung tag...

Tsk tsk tsk dilemma na naman kung pupunta nga ako dun

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Curious ako bakit kaya nagkaganyan case mo Sir... Nag inquire kasi ako sa hotline nila yesterday around 5 PM. Ang suggestion sa akin ng CSR is to go to the Bicutan office para within the day daw ma activate na agad yung tag...

Tsk tsk tsk dilemma na naman kung pupunta nga ako dun
    Ang definition nila ng "within the day" ay 24 hrs. Finally nakalusot ako sa hotline, mga 12:00 noon kahapon. Tinanong ako kung kelan ko binili yung tagkit. Sabi ko previous day, around 1:30 pm. Ang sagot, "Ay sir, di pa naka-record. Kasi within 24 hours po." Sabi ko, "Oo nga. Di ba ang ibig sabihin ng 'within 24 hours' ay 'sa loob ng 24 oras'?" Balik ng CSR, "Ah... try niyo na lang po ng 1:30 mamaya, para siguradong after 24 hours."

1:30pm came along at yun, katakot-takot na hintayan na naman. Sa dami ng meeting ko kahapon, di ko na na-follow up, kaya ayun. Wala pa rin akong account no. Teka, makikinig muna ako ng looped music nila...

Buti na lang ang e-pass reader mismo, di kasing e-ngot ng CSR. Btw eto pala website nila: https://epass.com.ph/?mustbeloggedin
    Last edited by JackFlash; February 20th, 2014 at 01:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast