New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    I know Philippine driver's license holders can legally drive in the USA with a valid PH DL. But what if the driver's license card itself is expired, and the validity extension is only stamped thru the LTO Official Receipt?

Anyone tried this recently?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mac103 View Post
    I know Philippine driver's license holders can legally drive in the USA with a valid PH DL. But what if the driver's license card itself is expired, and the validity extension is only stamped thru the LTO Official Receipt?

Thanks.
    That is a good question, and I've not tried it.

My suggestion is that you get an international driver's license to support your claim of no card.

But then again,- when I was doing that years ago,- they'd still go back to the official Philippine license card.

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

33.0K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mac103 View Post

Thanks.
    My cousin just came from the states during the summer. He had the same thing, expired card but extension stamped in the receipt. He was not allowed to drive the car they rented. So his wife had to the driving.

I read in another forum that someone was able to expedite the issuance of the card the same day. He told the lto that he would need it when he would be driving in the states. Maybe you could bring your tickets as proof? Might be worth a shot.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pa-"expedite" mo na.lang sa lto yung card mo. sabihin mo lang pupunta ka ng US at need mo yung id card so baka pwede expedite. pag narinig nila yang magic word na yan ganda ng ngiti sa iyo.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    pa-"expedite" mo na.lang sa lto yung card mo. sabihin mo lang pupunta ka ng US at need mo yung id card so baka pwede expedite. pag narinig nila yang magic word na yan ganda ng ngiti sa iyo.
    Mapapangiti dahil iisipin nila na willing kang magbayad ng extra sa kanila? :-D

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rpacis View Post
    Mapapangiti dahil iisipin nila na willing kang magbayad ng extra sa kanila? :-D
    Ayown! Tumpak! 😆