New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Hi,

I tried searching for a similar thread, but to no avail. it is slightly similar to an existing thread "Driving Brand New Vehicles (without plate)" but I don't want to go off-topic there.

My dad will be buying me a brand new car and we'll be getting it by tomorrow (Mazda Cabanatuan). It will be my first car. I'm based in Manila while they are based in the province. From what I read from the other thread, being a brand new car, it will have no plates and OR/CRs yet. What I will get is a conduction plate and delivery receipt from the dealer.

My question is, since it is not registered under my name (registered to dad), do I have to present any additional document/s if apprehended or something like that? I'll be picking the car up from Cabanatuan tomorrow and will bring the car to Manila by myself.

Hope you guys can help. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i daily drive our company car which is under our company name and never had a problem. so if it's under your parents name i don't see any problem as long as it's not reported stolen.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    None. Driver nga walang papakita, ikaw pang anak. Basta yung delivery receipt kailangan dahil wala pa plate

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Shouldn't be a problem. So don't have those unscrupulous enforcers convince you otherwise...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No problem at all.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Since hindi ikaw ang registered owner, be prepared to present proof that you are authorized to use the vehicle, just in case.

Also, you should be careful as your carelessness in using the vehicle will also be an inconvenience to your dad and drag him needlessly in any issue.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    No problem at all. Kung duda sila eh di tawagan nila tatay mo. Pareho naman kayo ng apelyido ng tatay mo right?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    You are the authorized driver whenever the car owner lets you use it.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Sobrang dami ngang kotse ngayon ang naka open deed of sale, so walang problema kung hindi sayo nakapangalan,
    just always make sure na nasa kotse lagi yung mga supported documents ng kotse mo in case na kakailanganin.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Have done that many many times before... Hiram nga lang sa tropa... minsan pati gasolina pa...

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    24.2K:hook1:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast