New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ano ba talaga ang ruling with regards to new cars and driving it around without the conduction permit. as in bagong dating straight from casa.

My SA is telling me that the sales invoice/delivery receipt lng daw ang papakita ko pag pinara ako ng lto.

according sa erpat ko, sabi daw ng lto hindi daw valid yang SI/DR na yan. kelangan daw talaga antayin yung conduction permit from LTO.

which is which ba talaga? can someone enlighten me about that matter. pwede bang i drive agad or hindi? excited na kasi akong i drive si brutus.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    You can legally drive the car for 7 days after purchase.

Yung mga postdated sales invoice, technically ILLEGAL - use at your own risk.

Then legally speaking, you have to wait for your OR/CR/Plate number.

3. Join Date
    May 2005

Before you take delivery of the vehicle from the dealer, it should have conduction stickers already affixed to the front and rear windows. The newer conduction sticker is in yellow.

While waiting for the license plate (duration: depends on your dealer fr. 1 month to 4 months), the dealer will give you several copies of the vehicle sales invoice with different dates. Show this if you are apprehended at the road. It is only good for a week after the stated date. Use the other copies as each week progresses.

PS: What vehicle is brutus ?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Ah nakalimutan ko pala.

I think if parallel import yung unit mo, misan walang conduction sticker. In which case, you can't drive the vehicle out at all until your number plates/OR/CR come.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    local na man yung unit. actually si brutus ay isang navara. after a long time of waiting nabilhan din.

kaya im so excited to drive it. and bukas daw darating. na ship lng from manila kasi dun kami kumuha instead of here at nissan davao. tiningnan ko checklist my SA gave us 8 copies. so apparently good for 8 weeks to. and may conduction sticker ng nakakabit. meaning good to go na to? just present the sales invoice in case i get apprehended?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Before you take delivery of the vehicle from the dealer, it should have conduction stickers already affixed to the front and rear windows. The newer conduction sticker is in yellow.
    i agree with #001; it is odd IMO to bring home a new vehicle without a conduction sticker

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    That's why grey imports already have their plates when released -- usually ganun.

Locally bought cars shouldn't be a problem when driven around with dealer plates on only. I've been driving to and back from the province using my month old vehicle. No problems so far, no apprehensions whatsoever.

Pati along EDSA, i drive it.

HUWAG NA HUWAG LANG TALAGA SA MAKATI.

2-4months waiting time for the plates & or/cr. buti pa nga honda 1 wk lang may plaka ka na

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    doing google research, i came across these MMDA rules from their website (The Official Website of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority)

Rules on Plate Numbers: Conduction Stickers

All unregistered motor vehicles shall only be authorized to travel through the use of the Conduction Stickers, which should be prominently displayed on the right front windshield of each vehicle,

The Conduction Sticker attached to a motor vehicle shall be valid until the vehicle is sold and delivered to the end-user who must apply for vehicle registration within 7 (seven) days from date of delivery.

Only authorized and accredited driver of the manufacturer, assembler, importer, or dealer concerned is authorized to operate a vehicle travelling under the authority of the Conduction Sticker.

The accredited driver should always carry the original Authority to Operate prescribed by the LTO whenever he or she travels under the authority of the Conduction Stickers.
    am I correct in my interpretation that the conduction stickers are meant for the dealers, not the buyers, where the validity ends once the vehicle is sold and delivered to the buyer who in turn should apply for registration within 7 days from date of delivery?

Impoundable Violations: DOTC-LTO (MC 89-105)

In addition, the following violations shall also cause the impounding of the motor vehicle:

* Driving without a license plate
    delikado pala ... bawal na walang plate, impound pa ... pag nahuli

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    just an update on the NO PLATE, NO TRAVEL policy of LTO and MMDA

from another tsikot thread (from vinj's post: http://tsikot.com/forums/goon-squad-...ubos-na-87682/), the NO PLATE, NO TRAVEL policy is currently suspended

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    our GS' plates took 7 months to get released last year. wala naman nanghuli kahit minsan.

yup afaik suspended ang no plate no travel policy due to the lack of plates at the LTO.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Driving brand new Vehicles(without plate yet)