New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Ms cath! Miss you and i did miss you more when you were gone last dec 2018... hayysss...

Goodthing you decided to go to u.s nah... magandang retirement plan in the future... tapos madami magaganda pa dun... goodluck!

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Some states like Ca & countries like Jp won't recognize the AAP issued International Driving Permit which has a validity of 1 or 3yrs.
    US driver's licensure exams are easy and practical. Just remember to fully stop on STOP signs, observe alternate turning courtesy, stay w/in speed limits, know how to react upon sight of school buses, park properly on inclines w/ the correct wheel turn on the curb, etc....you'll be fine. Oh, seatbelt is non-negotiable. And don't try to impress the examiner w/ your Ph Master's degree by driving like Russ Swift nor doing reverse w/ mirrors alone.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Some states like Ca & countries like Jp won't recognize the AAP issued International Driving Permit which has a validity of 1 or 3yrs.
    US driver's licensure exams are easy and practical. Just remember to fully stop on STOP signs, observe alternate turning courtesy, stay w/in speed limits, know how to react upon sight of school buses, park properly on inclines w/ the correct wheel turn on the curb, etc....you'll be fine. Oh, seatbelt is non-negotiable. And don't try to impress the examiner w/ your Ph Master's degree by driving like Russ Swift nor doing reverse w/ mirrors alone.[emoji4]

Travs.
    Sorry, but what do you mean by this?
    So PH license is not recognized in CA?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sa IL ba? Where in IL?

Di masyado strict yung DMV ng IL. You can use your RP license there even for a year with no issue. Just make sure to get an insurance. Non negotiable yung drivers insurance if you’re driving a vehicle, makukulong ka kung wala nyan tapos nagmamaneho ka.

In IL interstates, you can do 65 on 55-limit or 75 on a 65-limit expressway without fear of being apprehended for speeding. Kung wala ka seatbelt, sigurado makakakuha ka ng traffic ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Travs.

Yung IDP yung di tinatanggap but yung RP license is good for 30 days in CA, as far as I know.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Travs.

LTO license is valid in CA while you're visiting. The AAP issued International Driver's Permit is not.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    just go to your local dmv, bring some id, pass the exam on the computer, pass the driving exam. put some makeup on for the photo. pay some bill.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Ms cath! Miss you and i did miss you more when you were gone last dec 2018... hayysss...

Goodthing you decided to go to u.s nah... magandang retirement plan in the future... tapos madami magaganda pa dun... goodluck!

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk
    I have to, otherwise I will have to do the whole process again (vaccine, payment and embassy)

Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post

I remember someone posted a sample exam here on which car goes first in an intersection, 4 cars yun and I did not get everything correct. Also, some of the road signs are difficult to understand, though I never saw those in the PH.

I do park in reverse using side mirrors only. How else should it be? Mukhang babagsak na talaga ako

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Sa IL ba? Where in IL?

Di masyado strict yung DMV ng IL. You can use your RP license there even for a year with no issue. Just make sure to get an insurance. Non negotiable yung drivers insurance if you’re driving a vehicle, makukulong ka kung wala nyan tapos nagmamaneho ka.

In IL interstates, you can do 65 on 55-limit or 75 on a 65-limit expressway without fear of being apprehended for speeding. Kung wala ka seatbelt, sigurado makakakuha ka ng traffic ticket.

Yes IL. The insurance is yearly? Is it expensive? I feel nervous to drive in wide expressways, that road near UP which is very wide, I can't even drive there

Wearing seatbelt is automatic/like a reflex to me, so no issue with that

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^there are online exams available

Sent from my SM-G532G using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I I feel nervous to drive in wide expressways, that road near UP which is very wide, I can't even drive there
    In the US, only the first few minutes,- and then it will flow into your system and will start loving it....

Again, the challenges before were the exits and the interchanges at high speeds... Now, waze and gps helps you there....

And the snow on the road....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Driving Abroad/International Driving Permit