What's your experience?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    What's your experience?
    Aalis ka na?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If driving in the US, you can use your RP driver's license. Most states allow 90 days. Some states allow continued use unless you plan to stay for a year or longer and thus you will need to get a US driver's license. I am not sure but there are states that only allow 30 days for foreign driver's license to be used within state limits.

To get a US driver's license, you would need a Social Security number and a valid visa (F1, H1, L1, etc.) plus proof of residence/billing.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Inggo View Post
    Aalis ka na?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If driving in the US, you can use your RP driver's license. Most states allow 90 days. Some states allow continued use unless you plan to stay for a year or longer and thus you will need to get a US driver's license. I am not sure but there are states that only allow 30 days for foreign driver's license to be used within state limits.

To get a US driver's license, you would need a Social Security number and a valid visa (F1, H1, L1, etc.) plus proof of residence/billing.
    No need to get International Driver's Permit?

IIRC, you were US based diba? Did you get a driver's license? Was the exam difficult?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

Mga illegals pwede na rin kuha sa CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Mga illegals pwede na rin kuha sa CA.

Paano nga ba nakakakuha ng DL ang illegals Sa IL may kilala ako illegal na may DL din.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Paano nga ba nakakakuha ng DL ang illegals Sa IL may kilala ako illegal na may DL din.
    Welcome back.
    Magdridrive ka na sa IL?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nag pass ng law

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Welcome back.
    Magdridrive ka na sa IL?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Yes my Auntie told me that my Uncle has a hard time driving already, they are in their 80s, so I'll be their driver.

I plan to get a DL as well. Hope I pass
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Nag pass ng law

Wow. That's insane

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yes

No need to get International Driver's Permit?

IIRC, you were US based diba? Did you get a driver's license? Was the exam difficult?
    Yes, no need for International Drivers Permit if you have a valid RP license. You need to get drivers insurance if you want to drive a vehicle.

Yes, I did get a driver’s license when I worked in the US. Mandatory among all states are a written test and a road test. In some states like New York, you need to attend a 2-session road safety course (classroom) after passing the written test and before scheduling a road test.

Madali lang yung written test, free naman yung state DMV manual for you to study. By the way, during a road test, disobeying a traffic rule will be grounds for failure (not yielding, failure to halt on a stop sign, speeding, etc.).

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Driving Abroad/International Driving Permit