New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Hi folks!

Is it a lost cause to get a non pro driver's license via the "right way" as in without a fixer involved? Seems only 3 LTO offices issue new DL's, Las Pinas, Pasay and East. Which office do you think has a more efficient, fast and hassle free process? what documents do i have to bring and how long does it usually take?

TIA and happy driving!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    kaya parin naman. just takes more time and effort.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "if there is a right will there is a right way."

i think makati also releases/processes DLs. normally, they will just ask for an identification (pero to be sure dala ka na ng copy ng birth certificate or passport + 1 more ID <- nakalimutan ko na yung actual requirement eh...)

fill up an application form for DL, take the exam (pero hwag mong lalagyan yung examiner), and afaik, makukuha mo yung license mo within one hour.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung gf ko, got her license sa east ave. medyo natagalan nga lang, sira kasi printer nila ng card license.

we did it by the right way, no fixers etc kaya naman. may review naman for the written exam e

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    I never believe in these fixers and never dealt with them!

Tiyagaan lang bro! Just be there early and if suwerte, you're off before lunch. Btw, if you can bring also your TIN, please do and other IDs as well (with xeroxed copy) para less hassles. Exams are easy naman and usually logic lang, meron namang review before it. Yung actual, mas lalong madali if you have already done your homeworks....

Good Luck po!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    kaya pong makuha in a day. exam sa morning, take pictures, signature, driving test after. just bring your 2 valid id, also your old student license. yun lang po ang alam ko nun ako nag-apply. and hintay ng matagal pag masipag ang teller sa windows, ayus na agad.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    half-a-day sa east...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Madali lang yung right way. Mura pa.

East Avenue

Student:

Went there at 4pm, brought a birth cert, paid 128 pesos, they will photograph you then the student license will be printed out then given to you. That's about 30-45minutes normally but i had mine in 20minutes (not sure how).

1 month after, went there at 11pm, had drug and medical test across the street. about 250 pesos.

12-1pm Lunch break of the office.

1pm, paid 250 something then had the written exam (which is so easy i aced it without studying, it's pure common sense only a supermoron would fail it. hehe). Afterwhich, i was called for the practical exam, drove the owner type jeep and the motorcycle for my 12 restriction. After 30-40minutes, my name was called and i had my non-pro license. Went home happy because i got my license in a clean and right way.

all in one day.

BTW, there was a fixer outside who approached me and offered 1,500 for sure pass in the exam. I told him im not that stupid to fail a very easy test. hehe

What i don't understand is, like in DFA, why aren't these fixers shot? They are duping a lot of people right under the nose of these government facilities.
    Last edited by Horsepower; June 5th, 2007 at 10:40 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    what a relief knowing that things can still be done "the right way" with the LTO.

i'm sure with the written exams being absurdly easy, it is the practical exams that might bring you down. i assume that they use a manual tranny vehicle for the test. what if you're using an a/t as your daily drive? do they issue licenses or restrictions for a/t drivers only? soooooo sorry for these newbie questions. just want to be prepared when we get the DL

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Re: A/T Test Drive
    AFAIK, puro manual ata mga test vehicles nila, much better if you can ask someone to drive for you yung pinag-praktisan mong A/T vehicle.

Re: A/T Restriction Codes
    Technically, there is a separate restrictions for A/T (4 & 5) and M/T (2 & 3). Pero when I inquired sa LTO about adding the 4 on my RC, they implied na di na daw applicable yun just as long as you are RC 2 honored na din daw as RC 4. So far, wala naman ako experience pagdating sa apprehension about these RCs.

Bring your ride or ask someone to bring it for you for the actual test drive. When I had to add RC3 on my license, damn I have to muscle my way test driving a dilapidated sand truck (wouldn't start need to kadyot pa, double pump brakes, no turn lights and horns, and most of all, smoke belching )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Driver's License The Right Way