New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    yup, yan e kung maluwag ang area. else, bad boy ako. di ako park facing the wall.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    yup, i park facing the wall sa building namin. may warning memo kasi pag mali parking mo.
    :D

Dito sa building namin, P500 ang fine for parking not facing the wall.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    [QUOTE=BoEinG_747;622380]parang my thread na ganito dati

it's dangerous to park rear first. malaki chance makasabit ng

mga naka park esp kung dikitan. para hindi mausukan / marumihan

ang walls ng establishment esp kung restaurant.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    is this a fact or logical opinion? CO2 na ang nire-recirculate after a while?? just wondering, kasi my car's aircon is mostly in re-circulate mode for hours pag nasa kalsada na, lalo pag amoy na yong usok sa EDSA...and i'm still alive. and if that's a fact, di ba dapat ipagbawal na yong paggamit ng recirculate mode ng aircon?
    nope, because automotive airconditioning systems have a small vent that is permanently open. kahit na naka-recirculate ang setting there will always be enough make up air sucked from the outside to keep the oxygen level inside the vehicle within normal levels (21% O2).

the vent mode in a vehicle is recommended only for the ff. instances:
    1. during start up, to vent the warm air inside the vehicle and let cooler air in so as not to overload the ac.
    2. when it is raining and you choose to turn off the aircon with the windows close, set it in vent and run only the fan. this prevents mist from forming inside.
    3. to get rid of foul smell like you have fish in the trunk or if you farted!

incidentally, even domestic window type ac units have a permanently open vent. there is a small hole that also serves as the drain channel for the evaporator, and this is where make up air is sucked by the fan.

this however is not true for split type building/domestic airconditoners. split type ac units do not have a vent since the evaporator is not connected to the outside. O2 levels in a room cooled by split type ac units and where the doors are closed most of the time can go down to dangerous levels. we found this out first hand when one of the guys here on the rig felt dizzy when staying in an office that is cooled solely by a split type ac. when we measured the O2 level it was only 9%, or only 42% of normal.
    Last edited by yebo; August 24th, 2006 at 02:55 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Mali pala yung thread na ni-link ko. Eto pala ang mas bago: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26900

Sinusunod ko yung "park facing the wall" kung may nakasulat. I suppose they have their reasons why they want it that way, but since I am using their parking facility, not mine, I will just follow what they want.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by skyglider View Post
    another reason daw is para ma-prevent yung tambutso mo na tumama sa barrier para di masira lalo na kung lowered auto mo.
    Yari naman yung front bumper/lip the rear is usually higher than the front. Makes more sense to park backwards, makakaatras ka pa dahil mas may clearance. If your car is lowered and you park facing the wall, your best bet is nakalabas yung pwet nung sasakyan. That obstructs traffic kapag makitid yung lugar.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    agree with yebo=)

but sometimes i dont park facing the wall=p

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    yes, i do it all the time kahit walang sign

siguro as a courtesy na rin to the owner of the parking, i think one of the reason they want to implement this is para hindi mangitim yung wall nila gawa ng smoke from the muffler

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I usually follow the sign unless very inconvenient while parking.

Pero sa bahay, Park facing the wall ako parati para yung usok nang tambutso hindi mag-ma-mark sa wall nang bahay.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    minsan pero mas madalas na hindi mas mabilis kase lumabas lalo
    na pag may call of nature eh hehehe...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Do you really park "facing the wall"