New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Just want to make sure bago ko gamitin to as evidence. Im the one driving the white pickup truck. My concern is medyo nasa kabilang lane ako para bumwelo papasok ng drive thru, kasi hindi kasya mahaba yung pickup. Although naka flasher nako. Thanks.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zcl...ew?usp=sharing

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thgenaccord View Post
    Just want to make sure bago ko gamitin to as evidence. Im the one driving the white pickup truck. My concern is medyo nasa kabilang lane ako para bumwelo papasok ng drive thru, kasi hindi kasya mahaba yung pickup. Although naka flasher nako. Thanks.
    No violation on your part sir.. changing lane is allowed naman..
    The truck should slow down.. nandun pa sya sa gitna ng line eh

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i dunno if may violation yung nasa ginta ka ng 2 lanes then slowing down to turn right but definitely the truck driver braked after ka na niya mabangga. it doesn't seem din that you made a sudden brake. distracted o tulog siguro driver ng truck.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    I think wala naman siya violation, especially madaling-araw na yata iyan so not really causing any inconvenience to anyone.

Yung mga trailer trucks nga kung lumiko kain pati kabilang linya - yung opposing side ng traffic.

Baka nakatulog yung driver ng kabilang sasakyan.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    unless it can be shown that you backed up, he can't sue you.
    the person bumping your behind is the default violator.
    "the driver behind is duty bound to drive far enough away from the vehicle in front, so as to be able to break safely when called upon."

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    unless it can be shown that you backed up,
    the person bumping your behind is the default violator.
    "the driver behind is duty bound to drive far enough away from the vehicle in front, so as to be able to break safely when called upon."
    Yeah, that's why anyone who bumps someone and shouts "biglang preno ka kasi!" is a stupid dumbass.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Yeah, that's why anyone who bumps someone and shouts "biglang preno ka kasi!" is a stupid dumbass.
    i have been rear-ended twice, in my life.

the first was a drunk driver.
    i just walked away.
    you can't have a decent conveersation with someone who's had one too many.

the second was a puj driver, who thought i was a jackrabbit like he was, once the light turned speedway-green.
    i also walked away.

both times,
    my car was a literal bucket of bolts not worthy of a tuason job.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    That's the thing, we really have to be extra careful and on the lookout for those public utility vehicles because you can't squeeze anything from the driver.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    And of course those pesky motorcycle kamote riders. Kapag nakabangga kamot lang ng ulo.

Almost the same kind of incident as the OP happened to me nung kasagsagan pa ng pandemic.
    It involved an LPG delivery motorcycle rider naman around 3pm if I remember right.

(You may click on this link below for a full context of the location).
    LTO Cubao Mirasol cor. 20th Avenue Google Street View

Pakaliwa naman ako from 20th Ave. going to Mirasol St. coming from P. Tuazon sa Cubao, True QC.
    I stopped as there are opposite traffic with my front tire on the other half of the divider already.
    Kung baga I was "closing the gap" so to speak para nga wala nang sumingit pa sa left side ko.

Once nakalagpas na yung last car on the opposite side, I moved and turned to cross to Mirasol na nga.
    Suddenly a loud "B-L-A-G" which of course greatly startled me... and then I saw this rider and his bike on the ground.
    The loud sound came from him, the motorbike, and his LPG tank hitting the side of my car all at the same time.
    Isipin mo yun, mag-overtake na nga lang nag-counterflow pa na sobrang napakaluwag naman sa kanan.
    20th Ave. is a 4-lane road pero it's so wide that it can fit 6 cars abreast kung sobrang ma-traffic talaga.
    But since pandemic pa nga noon kokonti lang ang sasakyan as with the OP since madaling-araw nga yung sa kanila.

Habang bumababa ako to look at what happened, here comes a motorcycle cop also who I'm sure saw all that just transpired.
    So once he and I has parked at the side of the road ako kaagad nilapitan niya at tinanong kung ano ang balak ko.
    I was just thinking about all the hassle - punta police station, file ng report, singilan blues na baka hulugan pa kung swertihin.
    Assessing the damages, I made an instant calculation of about 10k++ worth with the door taking the major brunt of the collision.
    Even at the time of getting up, very apologetic naman kaagad si rider dahil kahit saang anggulo mo tingnan siya talaga ang may kasalanan.
    So I just decided on not pressing any more charges since I reckon it will not be worth all the time and aggravation of follow ups and such.
    Since TPL lang naman ako lagi, I calculated the savings through the years can cover the resultant out of pocket expenses.

Although 3 panels were affected, I was just so elated na hindi nasira yung left side mirror ko kahit bumaliktad nung tinamaan.
    After righting the mirror assembly, I immediately tested it and it still works fine and thankfully without suffering any scratches.
    If he had taken off my side mirror which will necessitate a major repair/replacement, I surely would have went for his ass like a pit bull.

Ultimately, total expenses amounted to around 12k but it also covered the hood dented by falling detritus from parking under trees for shade.
    My only regret is not pressing the guy what he was thinking bakit niya naisipan sa kaliwa ko pa dumaan ng napakaluwag naman sa kanan.
    The mind of these a**holes I can never understand so it was a chance for me to peer into their thought process sana.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Involved in Accident!

although based on my personal experience... pagawa mo na lang car mo and just be happy that no one was injured.

I don't think may insurance yung bumangga syo.
    I don't think may pambayad yung driver syo.

The truck owner might offer na may shop sila na kaya gawin car mo - wag ka papayag.

you have the right to hit the brakes and stop whenever/wherever
    the vehicle behind you should also stop

technically, wala kang ginawang mali, pero I don't think may aasahan ka sa bumangga syo.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast