New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi,

I always pass by Green Meadows daily as it is my daily route to and from work. There was this time when I passed by Giraffe Street and I found out that there were vehicles lined up on the sidewalk with QC police. It was obviously due to coding because it was the only thing common for all of them.

To clear all my doubts, I observed this trend for a couple of weeks more. My inferences turned out to be correct. The QC police are apprehending motorists passing Green Meadows Ave. going to Giraffe St. for coding.

Another incident took place just yesterday (Monday) around 12:00 noon when I was using my wife's car (ending number 2) on the same road. Luckily I was trailing on an L300 with an ending of 1. A couple of QC police stopped the vehicle for no apparent reason besides coding. I slipped by avoiding the apprehension. Frankly speaking I was on my way to Tomas Morato at this time, which is QC. I happen to pass by several MMDA's along White Plains, Katipunan, Xavierville, Kamias, EDSA, and Kamuning w/o any apprehensions.

One more thing that is noticeable is that their apprehension only takes place during morning rush hours. No apprehension takes place in the late afternoon.

Based on these facts that I saw, these questions now arise:
    - Is it legal for QC police to apprehend coding violations inside Green Meadows? Is this an illegal exercise of police power?
    - Is there a window in QC that allows passage of vehicles between 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    afaik, there is a windows at QC (anywhere), and there i think the police has no authority to apprehend coding violations. MMDA lang ang deputized to apprehend coding violations eh.

unless there is a local law in QC which we are not aware of, which normally happens here in the Philippines.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Based on these facts that I saw, these questions now arise:
    - Is it legal for QC police to apprehend coding violations inside Green Meadows? Is this an illegal exercise of police power?
    - Is there a window in QC that allows passage of vehicles between 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM?[/quote

First question...QC police could apprehend erring motorist if they are duly deputized by the local city government of QC...otherwise they got no business to issue any motorist a ticket.

second question....yes, there is a window period of 10:00am to 3:00pm along that area...that is QC not Makati or Pasay City which don't have a window period for coding. HTH

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I leave in Pasig . Pasig has no coding diba, kaya ako aware sa mga place na di na sakop nila, I work in ortigas kasi and my home is near in Tiendesitas (C5) kaya pag byahe ako ng Coding , I make sure na di ako daan sa Libis, Green Meadows (Q.C.) at di ako lalagpas ng meralco or megamall area kasi Mandaluyong na , Ingat lang siguro kasi mga yan alam kasi ng mga pag traffic ka esp na rosario area, may tendency kang lumusot ka sa shortcuts pero ibang teritory na pala...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Revo View Post
    I leave in Pasig . Pasig has no coding diba, kaya ako aware sa mga place na di na sakop nila, I work in ortigas kasi and my home is near in Tiendesitas (C5) kaya pag byahe ako ng Coding , I make sure na di ako daan sa Libis, Green Meadows (Q.C.) at di ako lalagpas ng meralco or megamall area kasi Mandaluyong na , Ingat lang siguro kasi mga yan alam kasi ng mga pag traffic ka esp na rosario area, may tendency kang lumusot ka sa shortcuts pero ibang teritory na pala...
    meralco, technically is pasig however, the only gate that belongs to pasig is gate 2. this is the one with bayad center. gates 3 (green meadows), center gate, and gate 1 are qc gates.

Same case ako with Black Revo (and in fact Black rin Revo ko ) I live in Pasig-Cainta (Greenwoods), and work in Ortigas Center (UBP). Ako, I stay away from Ortigas Ave totally. Gray area yan. Feeling ko meron nanghuhuli dyan, kapag may sinumpong o ginutom. I take C5 to Julia Vargas. Sa Ortigas Center naman, I am bound by Ortigas Ave, ADB Ave, and Shaw Blvd. Anything beyond those points will be "thin ice" for me on coding days.

Coding in Green Meadows? Window in QC?