New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I vaguely remember that there are SOME cases wherein some major roads were widened. Ano mangyayari diyan pag na 'parking on the sidewalk' yung ibang kotse? When the buildings were built, there may certainly have been space for parking.

Note: Just seeing both sides of the coin.

Also, in the US and in Europe, may roadside parking talaga. Can't eliminate it entirely, pero some roads really should not be parked on. Ano nga ba yung rule on where you can and not park sa side of the road?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    I vaguely remember that there are SOME cases wherein some major roads were widened. Ano mangyayari diyan pag na 'parking on the sidewalk' yung ibang kotse? When the buildings were built, there may certainly have been space for parking.

Note: Just seeing both sides of the coin.

Also, in the US and in Europe, may roadside parking talaga. Can't eliminate it entirely, pero some roads really should not be parked on. Ano nga ba yung rule on where you can and not park sa side of the road?
    "unless there is law to the contrary, assume that it is illegal to park on all public roads."
    pag hindi ka tinekitan, na-tow, or na clamp, count yourself lucky.

aside from areas where signage specifically dis-allows parking, there are specific areas where one may not park at any time. among them,
    6 meters from corners,
    on bridges or approaches to bridges,
    beside fire hydrants,
    on pedestrian parking stripes,
    double-parking,
    marami pa. google, sir.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    i actually don't normally go to places where i need to park by the road side... pero i dont actually know what is the real rule haha

4. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Parking along the side streets is a perennial problem since people will be buying more cars (and motorcycles) as time goes by.

Most townhouses with only 1 to 2 allowable vehicles in their carports would still buy more vehicles, like in cases when their children will be acquiring their own. This will only leave them with no option - they will be using the side streets as an "extension". So the problem goes on and on.

The local government should find ways of clearing the streets so car owners will think twice on where to park their vehicles that won't contribute to the ever worsening traffic woes in Manila.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    Parking along the side streets is a perennial problem since people will be buying more cars (and motorcycles) as time goes by.

Most townhouses with only 1 to 2 allowable vehicles in their carports would still buy more vehicles, like in cases when their children will be acquiring their own. This will only leave them with no option - they will be using the side streets as an "extension". So the problem goes on and on.

The local government should find ways of clearing the streets so car owners will think twice on where to park their vehicles that won't contribute to the ever worsening traffic woes in Manila.
    maybe if our laws become fine-able fact and not just a suggestion.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Wow pati divisoria madadale na. Wohooooo.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Wow pati divisoria madadale na. Wohooooo.

lumang tugtugin na po yan.
    you are simply not old enough to know..

"why were we singled out?"
    "why not? we have to start somewhere!"

"bigyan kami ng dalawang linggo..."
    "you should have left 5 months ago!"

"saan kami pupunta?"
    "in the first place, you were not supposed to be here!"

i was surprised, when they unveiled the police station hidden underneath... and the illegal jumper wires galore...

but i would be very happily surprised, if they are able to make it last a year.

i remember passing there, years ago. i could still see the walls. now, all i see are display areas of the items for sale.

harsh words. but it is the law.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 30th, 2018 at 03:20 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    doc,

seryosos sa towing ngayon. Last year pa ata ito pero ngayon lang namamagnify kasi everyday sa news.

Ang gusto ko next hilain eh mga nagpaparking around sa condominum. Sa mga secondary and tertiary roads ang dami jan sagabal.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    doc,

seryosos sa towing ngayon. Last year pa ata ito pero ngayon lang namamagnify kasi everyday sa news.

Ang gusto ko next hilain eh mga nagpaparking around sa condominum. Sa mga secondary and tertiary roads ang dami jan sagabal.
    i also heard that line before. a decade ago.
    "last year" was 6 months ago.
    i shall wait and see.

if they are successful, the next should be baclaran.
    did you know, that bus routes had to be altered, because the authorities couldn't get rid of the street sellers?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    More MMDA personnel please. . .

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast