The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    better late than never...

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...-vehicles.html

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Good idea, I think this was based on the assumption of the child's size? I have a 12 yr old nephew who's taller & heavier than me, & paano yung mga midget? Maybe it should also be based on height & weight?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ^if I remember correctly, may nabasa ako noon na di pa daw fully developed bone structure nga mga bata (regardless of weight and size ng bata). So in the event of an accident, baka mabasag face nila upon impact sa airbags.

I don't think patitigilin tayo ng mga pulis para icheck yung age ng front passenger natin, pero in the event of an accident, pwede gamitin ng insurance companies yung law.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    LTO-CAR mandates usage of car seats for children | Autodeal

The Land Transportation Office in the Cordillera Administrative Region (LTO-CAR) reminds the public to observe the maximum load limit of vehicles. This has been brought up given that going beyond the usual capacity has been among the causes of road accidents. With children below 4-feet and 11-inches counted as a passenger, LTO-CAR Director Francis Ray Almora then requires the usage of a child restraint system (CRS).

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Akala ko suspended implementation nyan? Pwede pala selective area lang? Di naman yata local ordinance kung LTO nagpapatupad
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Note: implementation is still deferred

DTI says they need to certify all child seats | Autoindustriya

The MC says manufacturers and importers of CRS will have to secure the Philippine Standard (PS) Safety Certification Mark License or the Import Commodity Clearance (ICC) certificate before selling or distributing their products in the country.
    By August 8, 2021, all CRS and child seats in the local market should bear the PS License Mark or ICC Sticker as market monitoring and enforcement shall commence on this date.
    The other question is about child seats already in the possession of parents that pre-date the implementation of the law. According to MC 21-20, these seats, which have already been bought by consumers, (e.g. parents) require a clearance from the LTO in accordance with Section 13 of the IRR of R.A. 11229. That means they will have to visit the nearest LTO branch to do so.