New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by parak21 View Post
    So guys,

What did you do with your recent purchased cars for you to dictate your ending plate number?
    I opted for the special plates.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    So guys,

What did you do with your recent purchased cars for you to dictate your ending plate number?

I got my unit last Oct 30, 2014. When I asked my dealer about choosing the ending plate, he sent me the sales bulletin email from their VP for Marketing - noting that they should NOT heed the customer's request (even with 5K or 10K bribe to the LTO personnel). If customer want's to choose ending, they should just avail the 15K to 25K special plate program.

Seems my dealer (Toyota Manila Bay) is very conscious about their integrity kaya medyo nahiya tuloy ako.. :-)

Yung memo was dated Oct 2.. hmm Toyota Cubao ha.. heheh

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Toyota cubao offered me 2 ways to get my preferred ending number ( wednesday)on my plate

1. You pay 5,000 to the lto liason of toyota cubao so you get the normal plates. And u get to dictate endi

2. You pay 25k for a special plate.

Im aware that there is a lto memo which car buyers cannot dictate their ending plate

So which is which?

Can you share your experiences? Ung mga nakabile this month ha
    baket mo gusto pumili ng plate ending?

para ba sa coding? 2nd car mo ba ito, aka coding car?

mahal mag maintain ng 2nd car, 2nd car to fill gas (taxable), 2nd car to pay insurance (taxable) 2nd car to yearly register (taxable), 2nd car to preventive maintenance (taxable), plus the purchase of 2nd car (taxable)... NO WONDER GUSTO ng gobyerno ang CODING rather than expanding roads and facilities!!!

ABOLISH CODING tapos may valid registered parking lang ang allowed!!!
    Last edited by Stigg ma; November 17th, 2014 at 06:55 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post

mahal mag maintain ng 2nd car, 2nd car to fill gas (taxable), 2nd car to pay insurance (taxable) 2nd car to yearly register (taxable), 2nd car to preventive maintenance (taxable), plus the purchase of 2nd car (taxable)... NO WONDER GUSTO ng gobyerno ang CODING rather than expanding roads and facilities!!!

agree ako dito. I hate going to my aunt's place tapos ang sikip ng daan kasi ginawang parking ang daan ng mga homeowners na wala namang garage. question is, paano nga mga car owners with no garage? aanuhin nila mga kotse nila? tsaka alam mo naman dito hindi mapatupadmga simpleng traffic rules.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post

agree ako dito. I hate going to my aunt's place tapos ang sikip ng daan kasi ginawang parking ang daan ng mga homeowners na wala namang garage. question is, paano nga mga car owners with no garage? aanuhin nila mga kotse nila? tsaka alam mo naman dito hindi mapatupadmga simpleng traffic rules.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hi, reviving this old thread.

May I know what is the current situation for plate ending? Is it true we cannot choose our plate ending anymore, so if we want to choose what is your coding day, you'll have to get a special plate?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chrischu888 View Post

May I know what is the current situation for plate ending? Is it true we cannot choose our plate ending anymore, so if we want to choose what is your coding day, you'll have to get a special plate?
    officially,
    no, we may not. and yes, if we wish.
    that is what my SA advised me, just 2 weeks ago.
    i'm still hoping the new administration will reverse this policy.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007

You can't choose your ending.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Thanks, let me check with the SA. Since plates take forever to be made, that means temporarily the ending of conduction sticker serves as the coding day right?

One more question: can i use the new car if it's registered but no plates available yet?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks, let me check with the SA. Since plates take forever to be made, that means temporarily the ending of conduction sticker serves as the coding day right?

One more question: can i use the new car if it's registered but no plates available yet?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Yes and Yes.

I used my car for 1 year without plates.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast